China Tablets to recommend

Dorkable

Reaction score
hmm on the topic of fast chargers, i just want to share recently i bought Anker's Powerport 3 65w PIQ 3.0 Usb C Charger with the intention to use it for my iplay 30.... sadly for some reason iplay 30 cannot be charged by it (probably some compatibility issue which i can't figure out)... which is disappointing as my 3 yr old huawei mediapad m5 8.4 had no issues charging via the anker charger.

just sharing in case anyone is planning to get a fast charger for iplay tablets... beware of compatibility issues.

I also had a similar frustrating experience like azarel with the iPlay 30 Pro. Never came across such a fussy and anal battery like it. I kept trying different cables and 3rd party chargers to get to charge at 10w speed but failed.

Finally, had to buy a new power bank specifically with a 5v 2A port just to accommodate to iPlay 30 Pro. It would usually charge at I dunno....1A speed I guess....if I charged it with other chargers with 2.4A ports or QC ports. It would take over 4 hours to charge it.

When I charged my Teclast M30 Pro, it was so friendly with all chargers and cables, it was charging faster at 12w speed be it if I connected it to a 2.4a or QC port.

IAP1013

Reaction score
Just ordered iPlay 30 Pro in Qoo10...got it for S$195.. Decided to get one for reading and multimedia consumption...can't wait.. :).

Remless

Reaction score
So far I do not encounter any charging issues with my iplay40, but I do encounter some minor faults with my set. Not sure if it happens only on my set.

1. Bluetooth compatibility with tws
Since iplay40 do not have a 3.5mm port, I uses true wireless earbuds for convenience. All earbuds I have manage to connect and work, but a few tws, after using for a while, will start having a loud high pitch screeching sound. I do not encounter this when I connect them to other devices.

2. Screen glitching (rarely happens, usually during gaming)
On rare occasions my screen will flicker and become glitched. It recovers on its own after a few seconds.

3. Screen image retention
I am sure iplay40 do not use oled screen, but screen image retention started to appear. Though its only visible on dark greyish backgrounds, eg, dark mode. Ie, when I flip the screen to landscape while using chrome in dark mode, I can see ghost images of my top bar and the bottom 3 navigation buttons on the left and right respectively.

4. Unable to update
I can only update the tablet once through ota. Subsequent updates all failed during the rebooting process and the new firmware is not installed. Some day I probably need to wipe and flash the whole tablet with the latest firmware via pc.

azarel

Reaction score
Strange. Thought these chargers are meant to be universal.

So far the chargers I have from ugreen (20w), kuulaa (20w) and speedy (2.1a) have no issues with charging all my stuff including iplay40.

Perhaps try switching cables?
yah i did man. swapped out different cables, even with new ones that i bought from anker. for some reason it still cannot charge at all. i also thought that the chargers are universal so even if i can't enjoy fast charging i can at least use it as a normal charger.

azarel

Reaction score
I also had a similar frustrating experience like azarel with the iPlay 30 Pro. Never came across such a fussy and anal battery like it. I kept trying different cables and 3rd party chargers to get to charge at 10w speed but failed.

Finally, had to buy a new power bank specifically with a 5v 2A port just to accommodate to iPlay 30 Pro. It would usually charge at I dunno....1A speed I guess....if I charged it with other chargers with 2.4A ports or QC ports. It would take over 4 hours to charge it.

When I charged my Teclast M30 Pro, it was so friendly with all chargers and cables, it was charging faster at 12w speed be it if I connected it to a 2.4a or QC port.
yah same here, i'm using a new powerbank to charge the iplay30 instead and it does seem to charge much faster. glad to know i'm not the only one facing this issue cos i was wondering whether i received a faulty anker wall charger haha.

Dorkable

Reaction score
I went online to find other reviews of iPlay 30/Pro and apparently, some folks also shared about the anal slow charging of their tabs. Just to be sure, I bought two iPlay 30 Pro sets from two different sources at different intervals, and both sets gave the same charging problem.

However, I am thinking due to the smaller battery capacity of iPlay 40 --- 6000 mAh, the slow charging might not have been noticed by users.

I enjoyed the iPlay 30 Pro's beautiful IPS display but decided to give it up as I just couldn't stand the troublesome battery. So as much as I appreciate how Alldocube is going on strong with their global support and fully laminated displays, I would always be apprehensive as long as they don't improve on their battery/charging.

Last edited:

Remless

Reaction score
yah i did man. swapped out different cables, even with new ones that i bought from anker. for some reason it still cannot charge at all. i also thought that the chargers are universal so even if i can't enjoy fast charging i can at least use it as a normal charger.

I see. Seems that iplay30's battery has an issue.

For my iplay40, I charge while using/gaming as I mentioned before and the percentage is still going up. It's not a matter of smaller battery on the iplay40, it's just that this issue don't exist for iplay40.

While the games are killing the battery yet the percentage is going up so this issue of slow charging don't exist. Probably they used a better battery for iplay40.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Seems that iplay30's battery has an issue.

For my iplay40, I charge while using/gaming as I mentioned before and the percentage is still going up. It's not a matter of smaller battery on the iplay40, it's just that this issue don't exist for iplay40.

While the games are killing the battery yet the percentage is going up so this issue of slow charging don't exist. Probably they used a better battery for iplay40.
I wonder if it is just the hardware (charging circuit chip) or software management of the charging process. The battery is just that - a gneric slab of electrons... it's the chip that controls the charging that matters I presume... so if that's the bottleneck, then it's baked into the hardware already and it can't be changed...

Anyway, this battery charging issue was a very serious issue when I first started using China tablets. I used to plug in and use cos the charging was so slow... but the battery remained at the same power level or even dropped when the cable was plugged in (not to mention leaking elecricity). And so I was pretty surprised with the iPlay20 which had no issue with using a Samsung phone charger (15 W) and could be used plugged in without the battery depleting... So I think it's just one corner cut to keep the price low lor... battery management isn't an easy or cheap I suppose...

Since the iPlay40 is more expensive, then I suppose they had more budget to take care of the charging speed...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went online to find other reviews of iPlay 30/Pro and apparently, some folks also shared about the anal slow charging of their tabs. Just to be sure, I bought two iPlay 30 Pro sets from two different sources at different intervals, and both sets gave the same charging problem.

However, I am thinking due to the smaller battery capacity of iPlay 40 --- 6000 mAh, the slow charging might not have been noticed by users.

I enjoyed the iPlay 30 Pro's beautiful IPS display but decided to give it up as I just couldn't stand the troublesome battery. So as much as I appreciate how Alldocube is going on strong with their global support and fully laminated displays, I would always be apprehensive as long as they don't improve on their battery/charging.
Wah... you just two sets to try the battery charging speed ah?

rootz

Reaction score
Looking at larger tablets for Zoom purpose. Used to have a Galaxy View to use for Zoom;

Saw Lenovo Tab Pro (2021) vs Lenovo Pad Pro (2021)
$799 vs $639

Any recommendations between both, or something else to better to offer for Zoom purpose. Thanks.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking at larger tablets for Zoom purpose. Used to have a Galaxy View to use for Zoom;

Saw Lenovo Tab Pro (2021) vs Lenovo Pad Pro (2021)
$799 vs $639

Any recommendations between both, or something else to better to offer for Zoom purpose. Thanks.
You've got the largest tablets from Apple... but for China tablets, the best you can do is about 11 or 11.5" which is quite a bit smaller than the iPad Pro 12.9"...

The two tablets you mentioned are not available here in Singapore... so either you buy the China versions or you import in from wherever it is on sale officially as global models with global ROMs with Google support... the China version has English language but it may not cover all menu items especially those nested deeper in the deeper options... price could be quite different... Lenovo isn't very big on going global with their Pads while they push their Yoga tablets as the top of the line international models... don't know why they only push their entry level and top level tablets globally... the middle level is kind of neglected...

Dorkable

Reaction score
For those who still wanna buy the Alldocube iPlay 40 Pro at just $250, you could do so via Qoo10 as they just released a $30 discount voucher today.

Shib

Reaction score
Got my iplay40pro. Delivery took 5 days. The package was well packed with thick bubble wrap. About the content, really kosong. Just 4 items, the tablet, the cable, the charger and manual. The tablet came with a screen protector but I found that it attracted oil from fingers very easily. The tablet was identified as iplay40H. I double checked the box and device are really iplay40pro. Spec wise really the 6 small cores at higher speed, 8gb ram and 256gb storage. The UI was pretty responsive. Speakers were loud. Charging time my estimate from 0 to full will take around 200mins.

Genshin play ok but I used friend's custom setting.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.