Choosing of degrees. Programming or Aerospace

chuabenson

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Hi guys. I need some help over here. Right now I'm choosing between Computer Science (coding) and Aerospace technology.
Personally, I came from diploma in aerospace electronics. Right now I have the choice to choose between the 2 courses so I wanna know which course would be better for me, or rather provide better living 5 years later.
My main concern to choose between the 2 choices is that I came from aerospace electronics so I might get some advantage when entering aerospace technology.
But through these 3 years being in an ECE division, I'm afraid I can't keep up with the mechanical modules in aerospace tech.
And these 3 years kind of get me interested in coding and programming rather than aerospace. It's not that I hate it, just that I don't go and see airshow and stuff not a big fan of those.
So my question is which one would be more relevant in the industry 5 to 10 years from now?
 

guyz92

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
300
Hi guys. I need some help over here. Right now I'm choosing between Computer Science (coding) and Aerospace technology.
Personally, I came from diploma in aerospace electronics. Right now I have the choice to choose between the 2 courses so I wanna know which course would be better for me, or rather provide better living 5 years later.
My main concern to choose between the 2 choices is that I came from aerospace electronics so I might get some advantage when entering aerospace technology.
But through these 3 years being in an ECE division, I'm afraid I can't keep up with the mechanical modules in aerospace tech.
And these 3 years kind of get me interested in coding and programming rather than aerospace. It's not that I hate it, just that I don't go and see airshow and stuff not a big fan of those.
So my question is which one would be more relevant in the industry 5 to 10 years from now?

Computer science is not about purely programming. It is more towards problem solving by writing algorithm. Computer is a tool to solve problem.
 

chuabenson

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
I understand. But there is a module to software programming in the course. I believe that I will be able to take on masters im software engineering easier(?)
I am also thinking of ntu information systems or comp science but at the moment I can only have early admission to ntu.

Computer science is not about purely programming. It is more towards problem solving by writing algorithm. Computer is a tool to solve problem.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top