Circles.Life Discussion Thread

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,209
Reaction score
12,242
Is pay as you go. Somewhat like how telco charges many years back.
https://www.circles.life/sg/rates-roaming-others/

Pay As You Go data roaming is still true for SingTel if you do not subscribe to a roaming plan -- very expensive.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/roaming/all-plans#displayAll
https://cdn2.singteldigital.com/con...-services/mobile/roaming/pdf/RoamingRates.pdf

Same for M1.
https://www.m1.com.sg/travel/going-overseas/postpaid-roaming/roaming-rates/

I guess CL kind of inherited from M1.
https://www.circles.life/sg/rates-roaming-others/

BTW, SingTel and Zym/Zero1/VIVIFI/CMLink still use pay as you go for roaming voice calls now, other than the 10 minutes free incoming roaming voice from Zym/Zeor1/VIVIFI. So the users may get bill shock.

M1 Maxx, Gomo and SingTel hi! Postpaid do not support roaming voice, so no bill shock.
 

mr_won

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
I'm confused to what is chargeable. Let's say I disabled data roaming on my device and on the app, can I stil receive calls / SMS when overseas?

Currently, other providers like Maxx provide free incoming SMS even when overseas. Does CL provide free incoming SMS? Also, it is not chargeable when receiving (but not picking up) calls overseas right?
 

thretiredDad

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
12,757
Reaction score
5,247
I'm confused to what is chargeable. Let's say I disabled data roaming on my device and on the app, can I stil receive calls / SMS when overseas?

Currently, other providers like Maxx provide free incoming SMS even when overseas. Does CL provide free incoming SMS? Also, it is not chargeable when receiving (but not picking up) calls overseas right?
Zero signal at all
so you must activate auto roaming and pay $10, to receive sms otp oversea
 

Beepbeep8

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2021
Messages
220
Reaction score
85
With all the recent discussion, does it mean CL no roaming plans = line is totally dead overseas (if we do not wish to incur additional charges)?
There are 3 options on the app on roaming
(1) Roaming off
(2) Voice and SMS Roaming
(3) Data Voice and SMS Roaming.
If the app is on (3) and u go to the country not supported on your plan, there will be charges.
If the app is on (2), the data will be off and no charges incur. However, u can still receive SMS eg if u need OTP and incoming call.
If the app is on (1), all services will be off.
 

mr_won

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
There are 3 options on the app on roaming
(1) Roaming off
(2) Voice and SMS Roaming
(3) Data Voice and SMS Roaming.
If the app is on (3) and u go to the country not supported on your plan, there will be charges.
If the app is on (2), the data will be off and no charges incur. However, u can still receive SMS eg if u need OTP and incoming call.
If the app is on (1), all services will be off.
So If I choose (2), I can receive SMS for free when overseas? I understand that there will be charges if we accept calls / send SMS when overseas but receiving SMS is my main requirement.
 

thretiredDad

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
12,757
Reaction score
5,247
There are 3 options on the app on roaming
(1) Roaming off
(2) Voice and SMS Roaming
(3) Data Voice and SMS Roaming.
If the app is on (3) and u go to the country not supported on your plan, there will be charges.
If the app is on (2), the data will be off and no charges incur. However, u can still receive SMS eg if u need OTP and incoming call.
If the app is on (1), all services will be off.
I choose [2], also no sms
 

dexboi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
5,565
Reaction score
1,890
[2] doesn't work. don't even try.
You will get a $10 additional charge if your plan does not include Roaming.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,209
Reaction score
12,242
There are 3 options on the app on roaming
(1) Roaming off
(2) Voice and SMS Roaming
(3) Data Voice and SMS Roaming.
If the app is on (3) and u go to the country not supported on your plan, there will be charges.
If the app is on (2), the data will be off and no charges incur. However, u can still receive SMS eg if u need OTP and incoming call.
If the app is on (1), all services will be off.

So If I choose (2), I can receive SMS for free when overseas? I understand that there will be charges if we accept calls / send SMS when overseas but receiving SMS is my main requirement.

I choose [2], also no sms

[2] doesn't work. don't even try.
You will get a $10 additional charge if your plan does not include Roaming.

That is interesting.

What is option 2 for then? The FAQ seems to indicate it is the same as Option 1.

https://circlesasiasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/900000204043-How-do-I-turn-on-off-roaming

21689600718617


Turn Roaming On in the Circles.Life App:​

  1. Open the Circles.Life app.
  2. Go to Roaming > Roaming Settings > Roaming/IDD.
  3. Select Data, Voice, and SMS to enable roaming.

Turn Roaming Off in the Circles.Life App:​

  1. Open the Circles.Life app.
  2. Go to Roaming > Roaming Settings > Roaming/IDD.
  3. Select either Voice and SMS Roaming or Roaming Off.
When traveling, turn off roaming in both the Circles.Life app and your device to avoid unexpected charges.
 

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
82,864
Reaction score
7,415
I'm confused to what is chargeable. Let's say I disabled data roaming on my device and on the app, can I stil receive calls / SMS when overseas?

Currently, other providers like Maxx provide free incoming SMS even when overseas. Does CL provide free incoming SMS? Also, it is not chargeable when receiving (but not picking up) calls overseas right?
haha, you just described a situation which people kpkb about
read through this thread, there was a few instances where people were charged $10

with circles, you have to understand the tnc thoroughly and carefully
I choose to stay away as I can't stand their many patterns
 

Beepbeep8

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2021
Messages
220
Reaction score
85
So If I choose (2), I can receive SMS for free when overseas? I understand that there will be charges if we accept calls / send SMS when overseas but receiving SMS is my main requirement.
for (2), receive sms is free, sending sms is chargable. Incoming call is free if not pick up. I will usually call back using WhatsApp.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top