Clarification on infraction (12 points)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapColaCo

Banned
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
1,773
Reaction score
1,701
I would like to request a review of the 12 points issued for my recent threads.


https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...tion-on-iran-tensions.7181045/#post-158248725

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...l-tanker-in-caribbean.7180937/#post-158245366


The Pentagon Pizza Tracker: I shared this as a lighthearted OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) "meme" often used to track foot traffic trends. I viewed this as a data curiosity, not a political statement.

The Oil Tanker Seizure: I posted this as significant maritime and international news. My focus was on the event itself (the interdiction) rather than an endorsement of any political side.

In both cases, I did not use inflammatory language, nor was I attempting to start a "flame war." and there was no flame war. The threads were factual in nature. While I now understand that these topics can be categorized as "political" under forum guidelines, they exist in a grey area between current events, logistics, and geopolitics. Twelve points for two posts made in good faith is a severe penalty that treats a misunderstanding of topic boundaries as a deliberate rule-breaking spree. I had no intention of being disruptive.

I ask that you consider merging these into a single "warning" or reducing the total points to 3 or 6. Moving forward, I will avoid topics involving military or government entities to ensure I stay well within the "No Politics" boundary.

Thank you for your attention to this matter
 

cranthir

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
5,845
Reaction score
2,112
I would like to request a review of the 12 points issued for my recent threads.


https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...tion-on-iran-tensions.7181045/#post-158248725

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...l-tanker-in-caribbean.7180937/#post-158245366


The Pentagon Pizza Tracker: I shared this as a lighthearted OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) "meme" often used to track foot traffic trends. I viewed this as a data curiosity, not a political statement.

The Oil Tanker Seizure: I posted this as significant maritime and international news. My focus was on the event itself (the interdiction) rather than an endorsement of any political side.

In both cases, I did not use inflammatory language, nor was I attempting to start a "flame war." and there was no flame war. The threads were factual in nature. While I now understand that these topics can be categorized as "political" under forum guidelines, they exist in a grey area between current events, logistics, and geopolitics. Twelve points for two posts made in good faith is a severe penalty that treats a misunderstanding of topic boundaries as a deliberate rule-breaking spree. I had no intention of being disruptive.

I ask that you consider merging these into a single "warning" or reducing the total points to 3 or 6. Moving forward, I will avoid topics involving military or government entities to ensure I stay well within the "No Politics" boundary.

Thank you for your attention to this matter
first thread is indeed clearly geopolitical nature

"Past spikes foreshadowed U.S. actions in Venezuela and Israel's 2025 strikes on Iranian nuclear sites"

2nd thread tweet,

"BREAKING: U.S. Southern Command releases a video showing a pre-dawn operation led by Marines and Sailors from ‘Joint Task Force Southern Spear’ seizing an oil tanker in the Caribbean Sea. The tanker is accused of being part of a ‘shadow fleet’ of ships trying to evade U.S. sanctions."

i review and both threads are geopolitical in nature..

we never say cannot post such threads just that they should be in CAL.

and these are the first time you were warned. we only gave you 3 pts for your first warning.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...eleased-epstein-files.7176805/#post-158089146

since you clearly recognize that you violate the rules. i will downgrade 1 thread to 3 pts instead.

Thanks for your cooperation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top