Comments on Aftershock XG 13

murphyp

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

Any comment for the above ?
Should get now or wait for coming IT show?

Thanks
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,670
Reaction score
2,123
The CNY offer is very decent and comparable to any IT show offer. To be honest, I see very reason to wait. Unless you already have a fully functional system that is still serving you well.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,670
Reaction score
2,123
waiting for the newer 800m cards to arrive

Not sure if I am right, but I have a feeling that it might be a rebrand of the current 7 series. With no new chip on the desktop, I doubt the mobile version will get any. Although the rumored 750TI might be Maxwell, I still don't think Nvidia will be able to release a mobile version in the short run.

Though I have to disclaim that this is just my speculation.
 

finclk82

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
803
Reaction score
12
Been a user of the XG13 since Aug13. Decent weight and size to bring around for my biz trips for playing during free time.

The GTX765m is good enough to play all the games i have so far on ultra settings. Can play Metro Last Light decently.

Games demand on graphics cards is plateauing already (mobile and desktop). It was not like 10yrs ago where new generations of graphics cards made so much obvious difference in the game. I remember playing really intensive games on an older graphics card and the video lag was so bad, one can cry waiting for the view to load.

This is hardly the case anymore. A higher end graphics card can achieve higher FPS but whether it is really necessary, is unlike the yesteryears of 2000s.

So XG13, great enough for most people's needs.
 

murphyp

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Been a user of the XG13 since Aug13. Decent weight and size to bring around for my biz trips for playing during free time.

The GTX765m is good enough to play all the games i have so far on ultra settings. Can play Metro Last Light decently.

Games demand on graphics cards is plateauing already (mobile and desktop). It was not like 10yrs ago where new generations of graphics cards made so much obvious difference in the game. I remember playing really intensive games on an older graphics card and the video lag was so bad, one can cry waiting for the view to load.

This is hardly the case anymore. A higher end graphics card can achieve higher FPS but whether it is really necessary, is unlike the yesteryears of 2000s.

So XG13, great enough for most people's needs.

Bro,

Very appreciate your nice n constructive comments
easy to understand !

I know my choices now....
will wait after cny and coming IT show...............
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top