Compact, secure travel backpack - which one

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
Osprey 24l daypack.. Got it for $130 coz it was a pass season model.

Osprey's "almighty guarantee" is really almighty. After using my backpack for a few hiking trips, as well as every weekday for work for the past 5 years. Some of the zip handle broke, and front pouch also got tear due to wear and tear. Brought it back to shop for repair, and they gave me a brand new one after a few weeks coz they say beyond repair. No question asked.
 

Parmesean

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
714
Reaction score
2
Osprey 24l daypack.. Got it for $130 coz it was a pass season model.

Osprey's "almighty guarantee" is really almighty. After using my backpack for a few hiking trips, as well as every weekday for work for the past 5 years. Some of the zip handle broke, and front pouch also got tear due to wear and tear. Brought it back to shop for repair, and they gave me a brand new one after a few weeks coz they say beyond repair. No question asked.

Osprey is a really reliable brand for a backpack, I've had their raptor 10 hydration pack for over a year, and it is one of the best hydration packs I've used.

Another backpack you might want to consider is the Tom Bihn Synapse 25. I've had one for the past 4 years, and fully recommend the bag. These backpacks are a little on the pricey side, but you really do get what you pay for.
 

OceanEleven

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
2,637
Reaction score
3
Alpha 2 Tumi T-Pass Business Class Brief Pack

Sturdy, light weight, spacious, nicely separated compartments.
 

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
I am not ready to pay for backpack $200. My budget is 1/3 of that.

Guess I will go and see what is on Lazada. If it won't work, well, look for more expensive one.
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
I am not ready to pay for backpack $200. My budget is 1/3 of that.

Guess I will go and see what is on Lazada. If it won't work, well, look for more expensive one.
If u going to use it a few times only, then just cheaper ones. If u plan to use frequently, best to invest in a better one. Osprey may cost $200, but with the guarantee, u can use it for life. My current one is almost 10years already
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0

DingDang51

Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
314
Reaction score
13
Osprey 24l daypack.. Got it for $130 coz it was a pass season model.

Osprey's "almighty guarantee" is really almighty. After using my backpack for a few hiking trips, as well as every weekday for work for the past 5 years. Some of the zip handle broke, and front pouch also got tear due to wear and tear. Brought it back to shop for repair, and they gave me a brand new one after a few weeks coz they say beyond repair. No question asked.
Hi, may I know where did you get your Osprey repaired? Tks

Sent from OnePlus A3000 using GAGT
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
Thanks for this tip. I had no idea Sports Connection repairs Ospreys.

I have a Osprey Hornet 32, one of the lightest full-featured backpacks in the world (around 500g), and it has developed a small tear at one of the seams. I guess lighweight also means some compromise in durability. Gonna get it fixed.

Do they require the receipt, coz I've probably lost it.


Sports connection. They are the official distributor or osprey in sg. Dun think other shop got sell
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
Thanks for this tip. I had no idea Sports Connection repairs Ospreys.

I have a Osprey Hornet 32, one of the lightest full-featured backpacks in the world (around 500g), and it has developed a small tear at one of the seams. I guess lighweight also means some compromise in durability. Gonna get it fixed.

Do they require the receipt, coz I've probably lost it.
They dun do the repair themselves. they send it back to osprey.

No need receipt, coz osprey guarantee is for life, and recognized internationally. So as long as it is a osprey bag, they will honor their guarantee
 

belgarathc

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
1,737
Reaction score
174
Most of my Stratos 34's zipper pulls were broken after 12 years of hard use. Looks like I will bring back to Sports Connection for fixing. :) Sports Connection did help patch up a hole in my Stratos many years ago.
 

agent_719

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2011
Messages
6,081
Reaction score
1,787
I'm using osprey escapist 25L for a year. Sibei solid. Love the back support

Bought it under 70sgd from UK
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,009
Reaction score
1,726
Osprey is a really reliable brand for a backpack, I've had their raptor 10 hydration pack for over a year, and it is one of the best hydration packs I've used.

Another backpack you might want to consider is the Tom Bihn Synapse 25. I've had one for the past 4 years, and fully recommend the bag. These backpacks are a little on the pricey side, but you really do get what you pay for.

How tall are you?
 

Delsamor

Banned
Joined
Aug 20, 2001
Messages
13,977
Reaction score
9
FYI I was told by Sports connection they are not the agent for osprey anymore. They only sell, but servicing we have to bring it to Osprey office ourselves. Cannot go through them anymore.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top