Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragnarok95

Reaction score
Same like me. I jump from orange to red. No regret man. Orange connection is just too poor for me.

I’m still thinking of jumping from orange to red leh.

I’m on m1 sim3(20). But connection v bad.

Thinking of switching to Singtel.

What sim only is good?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Renew liao only left 5gb? So lousy?

Ok I better call the cso then

yeah, because if you opt-in renew, it will be the 12-mths mysim3 20 plan. If you opt-out, it's no contract mysim3 30 at 3GB base.

You can anytime now switch to the new SIM-Only plan (no-contract) with 30GB Data.

arsenalfc85

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah, because if you opt-in renew, it will be the 12-mths mysim3 20 plan. If you opt-out, it's no contract mysim3 30 at 3GB base.

You can anytime now switch to the new SIM-Only plan (no-contract) with 30GB Data.

i opted out already.

so the m1 new sim only is 30gb right? Is it the $25 one? No caller id? no contract? How come some people can sign up at $15/mth?

arsenalfc85

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted to sign up for giga $10/mth plan now.

:s13: Any bros using it? how is it? coverage network all ok?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i opted out already.

so the m1 new sim only is 30gb right? Is it the $25 one? No caller id? no contract? How come some people can sign up at $15/mth?
$15/mth is the flash promo last month. This month they also have, but it is for new sign ups only.
The $15/mth plan need sign a 12-mth contract whereas $25/mth is not contract. All comes without free caller ID if you are coming from mysim3 20.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted to sign up for giga $10/mth plan now.

:s13: Any bros using it? how is it? coverage network all ok?
You can try, they are using Starhub mobile network. Just that giga does not have 4G Voice (VoLTE) and MMS support. Limited roaming options as compared to telcos. Your M1 data passport is still best for data roaming.

arsenalfc85

Master Member
Reaction score
$15/mth is the flash promo last month. This month they also have, but it is for new sign ups only.
The $15/mth plan need sign a 12-mth contract whereas $25/mth is not contract. All comes without free caller ID if you are coming from mysim3 20.

thanks bro for the clarifcation/

I'm existing M1 customer, tomorrow contract last day, so im not considered new sign ups right? not eligible for $15/mth?

Woah, so means if i sign up without contract it will be $25/mth + $5.35/mth for caller id?

sango65

Reaction score
6AYrlty.jpg

Per above, my plan will revert to 3GB data after the contract date. However, in the m1 app, the data quota is still 16GB. So not sure if I exceed 3GB I will have to pay add. charges?

zzxxzzxx

Master Member
Reaction score

I'm existing M1 customer, tomorrow contract last day, so im not considered new sign ups right? not eligible for $15/mth?

Woah, so means if i sign up without contract it will be $25/mth + $5.35/mth for caller id?

Port to another Telco and port back? 😷

alphau

Reaction score
I totally agree. Similar situation here. It almost seems like they are using a ledger book to bill their customers. C'mon, haven't they heard of computers? My customer serial number is less than 10. I think they have fewer than 5 employees.

Unlike you, they did over-charge me one time many months back. But since it was a dollar plus. I'd let it slide.

This time however, sent emails and logged on their issues ticketing systems and no reply for more than 14 days.

So many signs that they are going under. Who knows how much they will charge my card before they close shop.

I'm switching.

If they go bust, I will switch back to Singtel or Starhub or M1.

How is the Zero1 unlimited data experience? Is it still usable after they throttle speed?

Sorry for the late reply. First 1GB at 4G speed. After that, I get annoying messages that I have busted my limit. Not a power user. Just using the plan for some app services. The only app that drains data fast for me is Spotify. I seldom use YouTube or video streaming apps.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I just wish to know when one of the subscribers advertised e.g. free outgoing calls, do they mean "totally free" because we are using data plan to whatsapp call other users (means handphone to handphone only) or what.

I am a old school user and do not understand the lingo these telco operators are using.

For my personal usage pattern, I need to call a lot due to my work (and I would like to have flexibility of choosing to call to handphone user or office phone user) but use quite low data as I do not like to watch movies on a handphone. I think my internet usage is less than 5gb a month if I am not wrong.

What are the plans that are more suitable for me now?

Which telco or plan are you referring to? If we know, then we can check.

Since you make a lot of outgoing calls, don't your company subsidize you for the telco bills?

ah keow

Reaction score
a year ago many here, me incl, took up the M1 mysim20+

the 1 year contract just ended and back to the old $20 5GB plan. sad :(

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yup. You are right, $25+$5.35/mth for caller ID. If you switch plans, not considered new sign ups.

you can port out then port in again to receive 6mths free caller id

arsenalfc85

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup. You are right, $25+$5.35/mth for caller ID. If you switch plans, not considered new sign ups.

you can port out then port in again to receive 6mths free caller id

thanks!

which do u suggest i port out to? A no-contract plan?

Like that i will have to get sim card from the new telco, and then when i port back to m1, i have to get another sim card again?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks!

Like that i will have to get sim card from the new telco, and then when i port back to m1, i have to get another sim card again?

If you usage is around 5GB every month, I would suggest you get giga. $10/mth with 100sms 100mins 5GB data. The other plan is $25/mth with 25GB data. Both plans comes with free caller ID.

But if you still prefer to use M1 like what i am now, switch to the Sim only $25/mth plan. You can also check with m1 if you can switch to the $15/mth plan.

boliao45

Reaction score
Back in May when M1 releases the one plan, they had offered to waive off early contract termination for those on one year mysim, you should have switch then and continue to enjoy free cid and weekend data with no contract.

a year ago many here, me incl, took up the M1 mysim20+

the 1 year contract just ended and back to the old $20 5GB plan. sad :(

SibehHL

Reaction score
New plan at $25... mysim 20 plan is $20
Can always port out too, unless required data passport. Otherwise no point to stay with M1

Back in May when M1 releases the one plan, they had offered to waive off early contract termination for those on one year mysim, you should have switch then and continue to enjoy free cid and weekend data with no contract.

Jenchoo

Reaction score
Any recommendation for sim card for kid? No need big plan because most likely will use whatsapp if need to get him at school. Got free plan these days?

zzxxzzxx

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for sim card for kid? No need big plan because most likely will use whatsapp if need to get him at school. Got free plan these days?
TPG, 6 months free.

$5 Circle.Life 2GB
$8 Redone 3GB
$8.80 VIVIFI 3GB
$10 Giga 5GB (rollover till 10GB max)

$15 M1 SIM only 30GB (12 months contract, ONLY NEW Users, Add $5.35 Caller-ID)

Some options available.

Last edited:

zzxxzzxx

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks!

Can try GIGA $25 plan for 1 month.
Can get referral for free 1st month ($25 off).
Then port out....
Only need pay $2 for SIM card delivery.

Even if need stay 1 month more, can drop plan to $10 5GB plan. Then port over.
2 months for $2+$10.

Porting will need new SIM every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.