Comptia Security+

sagi2711

Reaction score
Passed the exam last month with 808/900. Purchased a self-study bundle from the CompTIA marketplace for around S$1800, came with course material, virtual labs, practice questions,the exam voucher and a free retake if needed (being kiasi,the free retake was the deal clincher)

Useful as a starter, but not enough on its own. Use it as a stepping stone to higher level certifications.

darkmilk

Reaction score
Passed the exam last month with 808/900. Purchased a self-study bundle from the CompTIA marketplace for around S$1800, came with course material, virtual labs, practice questions,the exam voucher and a free retake if needed (being kiasi,the free retake was the deal clincher)

Useful as a starter, but not enough on its own. Use it as a stepping stone to higher level certifications.
SGD1800?! Isn’t that really too much?

sagi2711

Reaction score
SGD1800?! Isn’t that really too much?

Various packages are available depending on your preferences.
The labs came in handy for answering the performance-based questions on the exam (where they require you to configure simulated devices)

If you want an "affordable" option, check out NP's Cyber Security Essentials short course. Could cost you almost nothing, especially if you have SkillsFuture credits to use.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Considering that the new SY0-601 is coming out sometime in Oct 2020. It is still relevant to take the current SY0-501 and get certified this year for 3 years validity as the new format will also take time to adjust.

Anyone who taken this certification find it useful? I'm currently start studying and planning to take during June 2020.

just take it

i passed it after 3 weeks of grinding of youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlykVza2vbo&t=380s

bad1986

Reaction score
just take it

i passed it after 3 weeks of grinding of youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlykVza2vbo&t=380s

I did Ngee Cybersecurity Essential to have the exam voucher and 2 weeks after the course using Jason Dion and Professor Messer and went for exam back in Sep. Passed on First attempt, I have to admit that I thought I going to fail due to the performance Test. Got 769.

Book the test and give yourself the deadline or not you never try to finish the com.
Planning to do CySA+ in Jan 2021. Now doing some reading this month. I finishing up the content from Jason Dion.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did Ngee Cybersecurity Essential to have the exam voucher and 2 weeks after the course using Jason Dion and Professor Messer and went for exam back in Sep. Passed on First attempt, I have to admit that I thought I going to fail due to the performance Test. Got 769.

Book the test and give yourself the deadline or not you never try to finish the com.
Planning to do CySA+ in Jan 2021. Now doing some reading this month. I finishing up the content from Jason Dion.

@bad1986 : did you pass the Cysa?

Ks1991

Reaction score
comptia exams are not easy to me. i took their cloud essentials+ and score 742/900, barely passed as compared to your score.

Just passed cissp today after studying for 9 months. Truth be told, security+ is only 5% of what cissp is about. My notes for security is merely few k.. while my cissp notes is a good 250k of words.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

cleared my cysa

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.