Mr.Eric
Member
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2010
- Messages
- 471
- Reaction score
- 31
I am facing the above problem after coming home from work yesterday. I just turns off immediately after powering up for less than a second, not even loading bios. Stripped the whole pc and tested the following but to no avail;
1. Changing Ram slots.
2. Changing Rams.
3. Changing PSU
4. Running using integrated graphics.
5. Changing GPU.
6. Short pin 15 and pin 16 of the 24pin for the current PSU and it seems to be powering up fine.
7. Replug every connectors.
Seems like it's a dead motherboard to me. Should I go to the distro and change a new motherboard?
Details of rig:
i5-4670k and Gigabyte z87hx-d3h
8gb Ram
Powercolor R9 290
Seasonic G series 650W
1. Changing Ram slots.
2. Changing Rams.
3. Changing PSU
4. Running using integrated graphics.
5. Changing GPU.
6. Short pin 15 and pin 16 of the 24pin for the current PSU and it seems to be powering up fine.
7. Replug every connectors.
Seems like it's a dead motherboard to me. Should I go to the distro and change a new motherboard?
Details of rig:
i5-4670k and Gigabyte z87hx-d3h
8gb Ram
Powercolor R9 290
Seasonic G series 650W
Last edited:
