Confusing rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeLanYong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
34,830
Reaction score
32,685
Hello
This is really unfair.

Every time when we users want to start a new thread, there is a default question that pops up asking whether this subject was discussed before. The implication is we users should not start new threads when the topic was already discussed before; we should use the old thread. To avoid spam and save on data usage.

So I wanted to start a new thread. Saw edmw default question. And used an "old" thread instead. My post is the 2nd post of that thread. That thread was less than 3 months old. There are threads older than 6 months here being revived without any issues.

If it is the content that is in question, here is the background.

I saw a friend xiaosinsinful banned somewhere. Xiaosinsinful may not have agreed with me whenever we discussed topics on relationships. But I have always held a healthy respect for him, and i have enjoyed reading his posts. I wanted to wish him well. I wanted to say goodbye to him hoping he will read it if he returns. In short, my post was a TRIBUTE to him.

Call me sentimental. I am old. I value friendships. I have started such threads before for friends that went missing. If Mods are irritated by it, they just deleted my thread. No issue. No points.

I do not know why this is now labelled Thread Digging with 3 points.

Now edmw change to cannot even pay tribute to a friend??

(then please put it in your rules)

The most bizarre thing is xiaosinsinful is still banned. So it is not him who reported me. One has to wonder who reported me, his motive and the Mod who approved it.

Please be clear on your rules. If you don't want us to re-use a thread SAY SO.

Dun tell us to check whether a topic was discussed before, and when we use an old thread, we get infracted.

Tell us jump, we jump. Then you shoot us for jumping. Nice

************

MoeLanYong,

You have received a warning with 3 infraction points for the offending post:
Why xiaosinsinful banned?
@xiaosinsinful is steel bended as of now.

Is it pbend?

This guy is like Uni. Sea urchin. It is an acquired taste. At first you don't like what he writes.

But over time, you find this forum somewhat incomplete without his views, and wish he gave his (extreme) inputs

One road good walk bro.

Warning reason: Thread digging

Your account's access may be limited due to the total amount of infraction points accumulated.
 
Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
376,400
Reaction score
122,477
But I think if you open a new thread, they will merge it with an existing thread instead even if it is an old thread ?
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,330
Reaction score
6,592
Hello! We have look thru the request, reviewed and removed your infraction!

Btw, there is no need to post online if you know your friend is been ban. Maybe you can contact them in other ways privately to confirm your doubt. I’m very sure if one stick to forum rules, one wont be infracted or risk getting ban.

CNY is around the corner! We wish you happy dragon yr!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top