Corrupted hdd to new hdd question

GRAVESEED

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2011
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
482
Currently I have a HDD that fails to boot normally as it is stuck at the CHKDSK screen and I cannot go into safe mode due to Classpnp.sys not loading.

I was thinking of changing my HDD to a newer one. Can anyone please tell me if it is possible for me to take just my old HDD (without CPU) to a shop in SLS to get the data and OS transferred to a new one?

Would appreciate all the help that I can get!
 

huffie

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2007
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
2
Currently I have a HDD that fails to boot normally as it is stuck at the CHKDSK screen and I cannot go into safe mode due to Classpnp.sys not loading.

I was thinking of changing my HDD to a newer one. Can anyone please tell me if it is possible for me to take just my old HDD (without CPU) to a shop in SLS to get the data and OS transferred to a new one?

Would appreciate all the help that I can get!

Since your HDD is already having issue,would be good to get a new HDD and install OS rather than transfer. After which you can get those recovery software and try to recover the data by yourself. Unless you are willing to pay for those HDD forensic for data recovery
 

GRAVESEED

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2011
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
482
Since your HDD is already having issue,would be good to get a new HDD and install OS rather than transfer. After which you can get those recovery software and try to recover the data by yourself. Unless you are willing to pay for those HDD forensic for data recovery

Hmm, what kind of software would you recommend?

I was thinking of just purchasing a HDD and transfer everything over by myself, but I don't know how to make it work. Not too keen on purchasing a new OS cause I have already lost my installation disc
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top