CouchSurfing Experience

RatRacer

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2011
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
anybody have experience to share?

Although it has been around for quite sometime but I've never tried it before.
Pretty tempted to try it this coming dec in China.
A great way to meet people apart from traveling hostel.

Anybody with experience to share?
 

xcalible

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
65,946
Reaction score
7
my first backpacking trip in taiwan was done with abit of couchsurfing

wonderful experiences and great hosts. first night in TW alrdy stayed in a stranger house for the night. pretty good if your hosts knows where to bring you around for makan and places of interest .
 

Outliers

Master Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
2,855
Reaction score
0
Hello.. so if I were to host tourists... must I be with them whole day? Anyone tried hosting before?
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Hello.. so if I were to host tourists... must I be with them whole day? Anyone tried hosting before?

No, you do not need to be with them the whole day. It's the same as hosting friends who come for visits. I have two friends who host people through CouchSurfer and they just let their guests do what they want to do outside of their homes. You interact as much or as little as you want.
 

wuso

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
926
Reaction score
85
If you do your research well, it could be one of your best travel experiences.
But I'm not sure if China is the best place for your first surfing experience :p


anybody have experience to share?

Although it has been around for quite sometime but I've never tried it before.
Pretty tempted to try it this coming dec in China.
A great way to meet people apart from traveling hostel.

Anybody with experience to share?
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,632
Reaction score
3,484
I have couched in Kunming with a group of expats (teaching English) and their place is horribly dirty. Don't even want to shower or use the bathroom.

I have also couched in Guangzhou with a local. Nice experience. Clean. Friendly host. His mum even made lunch for me.
 

bombomlee

Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
319
Reaction score
43
Been a member for 4 years now.. fun experience!! I have only surfed in KL though, made a hell load of friends in KL already.

These days I just meet friends from couchsurfing to drink and club... :D
 

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2002
Messages
21,568
Reaction score
2,239
yes. CS-ing is fun.... sometime u get some flings as well :) but is best way to know frds esp u traveling alone. me normally meet up for drink only as i stay in hotel during bzi trip
 

ssimonee

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Good CS experiences when i was in europe! I even hosted! Try to look for those with references.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top