CPF Investment

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,733
Reaction score
133
how about SA account?

anywhere I can invest to make it grow more than 4%?

I know market is quite high at the moment, will probably invest it only when there's another big dip.

If you go to any financial planner, they will tell you is also impossible to get 4 to 5% return without risk vs what CPF is paying.

So if you do not need cash. Keep the CPF untouch. Is interest earn interest which is effectively higher then 4 to 5%. Even those insurance "saving" plan cannot generate this kind of return for you.
 

RedsYWNA

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2015
Messages
2,190
Reaction score
604
For long term using CPF fund, personally I would rather dump it into QAF for consistent yield and hopefully capital gain. But I only own 20k at 80c of it in CPFIS.

Just like YZJ, I bought it for dividend yield. But the capital gain is too good and I sold all 50k.

S&P 500 is a remarkably resilient and low-risk instrument that will be around in 20-30 years. Not sure abt QAF or YZJ in 20-30 years time.

Furthermore, you can invest all the excess CPF OA above S$20k into Lionglobal Infinity 500. But you cant do that for QAF and YZJ.
 

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
16,161
Reaction score
864
Furthermore, you can invest all the excess CPF OA above S$20k into Lionglobal Infinity 500. But you cant do that for QAF and YZJ.

No matter what, why would I invest overseas, especially a distant land when I can also profit locally, unless I am wealthy enough to diversify (with knowledge) or have residency.

Investing overseas come will additional risks like forex, tax, foreign policies, death etc Even a simple bank deposit overseas carry a risk and a hassle.

I have 2 bank deposits in Malaysia. My beneficiary will have problem should I pass away intestate or with will, though my next of kin have access to my atm card and pins. In cases where the beneficiary is unaware of the assets, they will be gone.
 
Last edited:

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
16,161
Reaction score
864
Furthermore, you can invest all the excess CPF OA above S$20k into Lionglobal Infinity 500. But you cant do that for QAF and YZJ.

That I am aware and I will be use that in time to come for a specific purpose and limited time as I want to clear all the OA balance.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top