karakorum1999
Member
- Joined
- Jan 20, 2018
- Messages
- 262
- Reaction score
- 89
Starting from Jan 2016, the old requirement to have a certain minimum sum in Medisave acct at age 55 before any withdrawal has been removed.
better or lousier is just a perception
rss pay higher for 20+ years.
to ensure that your payout last for life, you money is pooled with others. and of course they will reduce your payout and the bequest.
this reduction is the price for having a lifelong payout.
people that finds this price cheap will say cpflife is good.
people that find this price expensive will say rss good.
this is my opinion
for basic, you lose 20% of your interest every year. at 250k and 4%, you lose 2k per year. ok lah not too expensive, not very cheap either.
for standard, you lose all your interest, 10k per year. compounded some more. i think not cheap at all
That's not a given. She and her nominee(s) (together, combined) will collect all CPF interest. She individually may or may not. If she personally receives all CPF interest then that will mean she has outlived her CPF savings.My mother is on Retirement Sum Scheme and her first draw down was at age 70. It is nice to know that she gets to keep all her earned interest.
She can do that as long as she has room below the current Enhanced Retirement Sum. Unfortunately the CPF Board doesn't seem to automate this. It's a manual process every month.As she does not need the payout, she is now asking me to top it back into her Retirement Account due to the good interest rate of 4%I guess she will get the monthly payout until she is 95 years old.
What you do not understand does not make it a black box. There is actuary model behind CPF LIFE. I am pretty sure that you have limit knowledge about rocket science or nuclear weapons, but it is not black box. There is science behind it.My mother is on Retirement Sum Scheme and her first draw down was at age 70. It is nice to know that she gets to keep all her earned interest.
As she does not need the payout, she is now asking me to top it back into her Retirement Account due to the good interest rate of 4%I guess she will get the monthly payout until she is 95 years old.
CPF Life is a blackbox now compared to the Retirement Sum Scheme.
i agree with andy that it is a black box.What you do not understand does not make it a black box. There is actuary model behind CPF LIFE. I am pretty sure that you have limit knowledge about rocket science or nuclear weapons, but it is not black box. There is science behind it.
If as you said that CPF LIFE is a black box, the opposition would have field days in parliament sessions regarding CPF. I have yet seen opposition calling it a black box in parliament.i agree with andy that it is a black box.
a black box does not mean that there are no rules and procedures. it is just that the rules and procedures are not made known to the general public.
you can describe the actuary model behind cpf life? you can then it is not a black box. otherwise it is a blackbox.
Because it wasn't a black box.If as you said that CPF LIFE is a black box, the opposition would have field days in parliament sessions regarding CPF. I have yet seen opposition calling it a black box in parliament.
i have hit FRS at 35, I actually do not mind CPF starting my payment earlier by using the FRS to form the RA at 35 years old. If CPFB allow.I haven't either. In fact, I see one member of the Workers' Party previously suggested a CPF LIFE payout plan that can start as early as age 60 but features zero bequest (as the CPF LIFE Income Plan, a payout plan that was available when CPF LIFE was first introduced but is now no longer available except to those already on that plan). I think that's not a bad idea, actually. I see the merit in offering the option of an earlier payout starting age. But I think I'd tweak it a bit to attach some modest conditions to ensure adequacy:
* Minimum age 62 payout start
* Minimum Full Retirement Sum with property pledge/charge (or age 55 ERS without)
* CPF LIFE Escalating Plan only (or the "Partner Plan" I've described before)
I think minimum age 60 is going to be quite tough. The financial mathematics to add 60 extra payout months up front are very challenging. But age 62 (36 extra payout months) should be viable within these parameters.
there's a reason why FRS increases yearly....i have hit FRS at 35, I actually do not mind CPF starting my payment earlier by using the FRS to form the RA at 35 years old. If CPFB allow.
SA will stay in SA, medi will overflow to OAHi everyone
Assuming if your SA ($200k) and Medisave ($66k) is already max, what will happen to your monthly contributions? Will all the contribution from Medisave and SA flows into OA?
Thanks. Which means SA even if it hits FRS will continue to accumulate without ceiling/ cap?SA will stay in SA, medi will overflow to OA
Yep.Thanks. Which means SA even if it hits FRS will continue to accumulate without ceiling/ cap?
Noted with thanksYep.
just that you can’t top-up anymore.
The Contact Me page or social media links at the bottom not working?the webmaster i think gone already for this so need find new one...
Send him 2 times already...The Contact Me page or social media links at the bottom not working?