CPU and GPU Temps i5 8400/1070Ti

Xmplify

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I just got a new rig with the following specs below.

PC Specs:
  • CPU: Intel i5-8400
  • Mobo: MSI H310M Pro M2 Plus
  • GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1070Ti 8G
  • Ram: Klevv 8GB 2666Mhz
  • SSD: Klevv SSD NEO N500 120GB
  • HDD: Toshiba 1TB
  • Case: Tecware Nexus M

Currently, I'm averaging 64C on CPU and 65C on GPU while playing Monster Hunter World for an hour. At idle I'm getting 37C on both CPU and GPU.

Firstly, are these temps fine for my CPU? And in the long run will my CPU die if I keep gaming at such temperatures?

Also, my PC case tends to get really hot but CPU and GPU temps still maintain around 65 degrees. Was wondering if I get a Cryorig H7 will that help? Or will I just be circulating the hot air around the case?

Any advise is appreciated as I'm too worried about these temps to play games for long hours
 

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
48,329
Reaction score
144
60+ is nothing to worry about tbh

you might want to check vrm temp instead
 

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
22,372
Reaction score
80
Your CPU is fine up to about 95C at which point it will protect itself by throttling. If that doesn't work, the PC will shut down for thermal protection.
 

Xmplify

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Okay but will adding an aftermarket CPU cooler help? Think my case has bad airflow so not sure if its a smart choice to add one
 

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
8,693
Reaction score
12
Hi all,

I just got a new rig with the following specs below.

PC Specs:
  • CPU: Intel i5-8400
  • Mobo: MSI H310M Pro M2 Plus
  • GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1070Ti 8G
  • Ram: Klevv 8GB 2666Mhz
  • SSD: Klevv SSD NEO N500 120GB
  • HDD: Toshiba 1TB
  • Case: Tecware Nexus M

Currently, I'm averaging 64C on CPU and 65C on GPU while playing Monster Hunter World for an hour. At idle I'm getting 37C on both CPU and GPU.

Firstly, are these temps fine for my CPU? And in the long run will my CPU die if I keep gaming at such temperatures?

Also, my PC case tends to get really hot but CPU and GPU temps still maintain around 65 degrees. Was wondering if I get a Cryorig H7 will that help? Or will I just be circulating the hot air around the case?

Any advise is appreciated as I'm too worried about these temps to play games for long hours
65 for GPU is totally fine. I'm getting 70 on my zotac 1070ti mini with 8400 playing MHW. I'm also using cryorig H7 and CPU temp is around 60 as well. Is your room air conditioned?

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 using GAGT
 

Xmplify

Junior Member
Joined
May 29, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Nope my room isn't air-conditioned. Just did another test on MHW and got 70 degrees for both CPU and GPU. My PC case was super hot as well, on the side panel (tempered glass) and at the back (exhaust fan).

Could you advise if a Cryorig H7 would just blow hot air around the PC tower for my situation (meaning no diff in temps) or will it help reduce temps? Currently using stock intel cooler.
 

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
65,502
Reaction score
3,109
temps are fine but i suppose yr on stock cooler? yes, a better air cooler helps lower temps. or a well ventilated case. but it's just a preference thing. no harm done for yr current temps
 

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
16,003
Reaction score
6,507
That's very normal and well within operating temps. For better airflow, get a case with more exposed fan intake cutouts.
 

Shyn85

Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
449
Reaction score
3
v8sMw4m.jpg


i5-8400 with sapphire rx570 8gb =:p
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top