Cracked S3 screen

amigoeva

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
0
Just sharing my story on my cracked s3 screen...

My friend got his repaired a few mths ago for free, and the 2nd time he dropped, he paid $100+. So when I cracked my screen, I asked my friend's IMEI number & IC number as a reference in case Samsung denies giving LCD screen repair for free.

Went down to Marina Square branch since I've frens and colleague who went there and service was fast and good. Staff at MS is a young girl, and insisted that they don't give out free LCD screen repairs.

I gave her my friend's details, and she had a shocked look when she checked. After that manager came to speak to me, said my friend's case was at PS, he's not sure what happened there, but Samsung's policy is no free LCD repair.

Manager continued saying that he'll get the technician to check immediately if it's a LCD crack problem or the internal hardware is spoilt, if it's the latter, then will repair for me for free but the screen will remain cracked/scratched. I told him immediately that it is the LCD problem, because the screen was still working the night before, and throughout the morn the screen diminished in colour.

Manager insisted that I let the technician check. Conclusion? The LCD screen cracked, not the hardware. DUH. I was asked to pay $256 which I refused to.

I left MS branch buay gam wan. So decided to drop by PS branch. Pinoy lady served me, and said again, no free replacement. I asked her why double standard? My friend got it. Gave her the details of my friend, she didn't even check, and kept saying "I understand your problem. I don't know what happened to your friend's case but our policy states LCD screen crack is out of warranty and is payable."

I was pissed off because she kept quoting policy. So sort of raised my voice at her "u kept saying u understand but u DON'T understand! U kept saying u don't know what happened to my friend's case, but did u check out on it? no! I gave u all the details I know, and u can only say u don't know?" She got a shocked look on her face. Must be new. Haha. But I asked to see the manager nicely in the end

She went to speak to manager, and said will try to escalate my case up and get the FOC for me but no guarantees. I asked how much must I pay if the reply's not good, and the PS manager told me $242. I got pissed again, "Double standards again? Your MS counterparts quoted me $256. Are you sure this is right?" PS manager showed me their parts cost list

Anyway turn the clock foward, 2 days later Samsung called me and say my phone is ready for collection. I asked her is it FOC, since nobody called me to tell me the price. She said I've been quoted $242 and it's written on the paper, so I need to pay. I told her the story at PS and she went to check. End up it IS FOC

So moral of story? Complain with proof and don't give up. I can't imagine I've to pay $242 for the LCD screen when the trade in value is only $100-$150 more!!
 

darkages

Junior Member
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Has anyone experienced this:

After a 30 minute charge the phone just failed. No matter what I try, removing the battery, leaving it alone for 15 min, it just refuse to turn on.

Went to PS service center to log a ticket. Customer service checked, can't turn on. Then proceeded to let the technician to take a look and customer service lady came back to inform that the LCD has cracked.

Dumbfounded.... I told the lady how can she tell the LCD cracked when the screen do not even have a hairline scratch on the surface. She said its the internal LCD cracked, which can be visible if I look properly. Speechless, I told her I can't see anything except the reflection of her imperfect skin on the screen. She explained that this could due to impact when the phone is pressed against hard material even if the surface does not have any visible crack. And to fix this, I need to fork out $230+ because the warranty does not cover LCD. No way in hell.

I take great care of all my gadgets and the phone just failed after a quick charge. Can any confirm that if a failed LCD screen regardless if its a manufacturing defect or owner mishandled is not covered under warranty.

----------------------------------------

Just would like to provide an update for future reference.

After my bizarre experience with PS samsung service centre, i went to Marina Square's SC the following day. The experience was totally different.

The CSO told me that she is unable to tell me what is wrong with the phone without further inspection because the phone is in pristine condition. She agreed that there was no crack on the screen or physical damage in any part of the phone. The recommended procedure was to leave the phone with them and they will contact me in 3 days. Base on her experience, she indicated that it could be a faulty motherboard or part inside the phone.

Forward 3 days later, I received a call from them on Sunday requesting me to collect my phone after it was serviced. I knew immediately it was manufacturing defect. I did not collect the phone until 2 days later which they called me again to remind me, in fact they offered to have the phone delivered to my place FOC! (Kudos to Samsung on this part). But I wanted to go collect it personally to find out the reason why my phone died. Indeed, according to the records, the MB was faulty.

I did not pay a single cent for the replacement and have been treated professionally throughout my 2 visits at Marina Square SC. On the other hand, PS CS was a mess, unprofessional CSO and I am won't be surprise if they have successfully cheated customers with repair cost for manufacturing defect which is covered under warranty.
 
Last edited:

dundras

Junior Member
Joined
May 3, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I was reading through this thread and found out that some people managed to get their S3 LCD repaired for free. Unfortunately, I have also cracked my screen and the LCD is probably damaged. There isnt any image on the screen even though its on :(

Thus, I would like to appeal to anyone who have gotten their repair for free to share with me the necessary details such as the imei number, names and service particulars. Please pm me.

Also, you can also pm me if you perform handphone servicing as well.

Thanks!
 

zxStealth

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2012
Messages
1,373
Reaction score
0
Just want to share my bad experience with all. My friend who owns a S3 the LCD cracked, just a small crack inside (we cannot even see it) and went down to PS Samsung svc centre ytd, service was kinda bad.

Heard from my friends that there is free last time warranty / free repair (1st time only), however told the staff nicely and the service I got treated back was bad. They quoted me $250+ for the repair. Immediately, I rejected and the pinoy guy went to check with the manager & got $137.

Went to MS Samsung next, worse. I tot things will be better here but no. The service is lousy, CSO cannot even see the crack at the counter. Front counter staff can even identified the problem. They insisted $250+ for the repair. Argued & told them PS offer me $137. They dun believe & still asked for the name of the guy in PS. No trust and staff (not involved in this case) simply talk rudely as if I was not there.

Super disappointed and we still repair-ed because my friend needed the phone urgently.

Bad bad experience...
 

dalg0205

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Looks like MS and PS has different quotes for replacement of the s3 cracked screen.

I went down to MS and they quoted me $256.58 bu PS quoted $230.70. The story about friends getting the replacement free the first time didnt work. Apparently they never had such a policy.

Can someone kindly PM me their details of their servicing of s3 cracked screen so I can use it as leverage with the CSOs at the service centre? Really dont wanna shelve out 200++ for repair of an old phone

many thanks in advance
 

icedgun0298

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
My screen just cracked today.. dam suay arh.. so i went down to plaza sing to check out if i could replace the LCD and was quoted 240+ ofc i did not accept the costs it was just too high.. i saw that some of u got the repair for free 1st time? Im still covered under warrenty .. can anyone kindly send me your invoice or something that showed u got the repair foc so that i can fight for it? PM me or email me at icyvisage @gmail.com .. thx in advance arh.
 

khchin8

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2013
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
I also have the same problem. can anyone advise if i can get foc repair while my s3 still under warranty?

If worst case scenario I cant repair for free, i heard that other repair shops can get cheaper quotes then the one they give at PS / MS, which is 200++. can anyone verify?
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
18,513
Reaction score
0
I also have the same problem. can anyone advise if i can get foc repair while my s3 still under warranty?

If worst case scenario I cant repair for free, i heard that other repair shops can get cheaper quotes then the one they give at PS / MS, which is 200++. can anyone verify?

today just cracked . went ps SVC.. no foc repair as i tried to xian my way thru they claim crack bo warranty. went tpy a shop repair $220... got my phone back.. till now okay la...
 

mobilus

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I also have a cracked screen and would like to go down to the Samsung service centre to try my luck. Any kind soul out there who can send me the repair form which states the F.O.C. repair of screen to norweign_star@hotmail.comwould be greatly appreciated.



Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Mobilus
 

perry

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2000
Messages
1,802
Reaction score
82
today just cracked . went ps SVC.. no foc repair as i tried to xian my way thru they claim crack bo warranty. went tpy a shop repair $220... got my phone back.. till now okay la...

If it is just the glass crack, then, should the repair be on the glass only and at a lower price?
 

bbgg31

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
White Samsung Galaxy S 3 Screen Front Glass Lens+Tools+Adhesive

New White LCD Screen Front Glass Lens-(((ONLY 1 set available!)))

Unable to post photo here, kindly watsapp to see kit set.

Compatible Models:

Samsung Galaxy S III (9300)

Package includes:

LCD Screen Glass Lens, Tools and Adhesive Tape


IMPORTANT!

I'm not be accountable or liable for any misuse, damage and incorrect installation to your unit.

No installation instruction, you can check video instructions on youtube.

This Item is Screen Glass ONLY, Digitizer is not included.

Was mean for own use, Watsapp/ SMS / Call 9633-4836 if you are interested!
 
Last edited:

lloyd74

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Cracked Samsung Galaxy s3 screen repaired

I got mine replaced at Apps Electronics located #04-02F1 in Sim Lim Square for $70. I normally hate going that place, but feel obliged to share my experience. I approached the counter, they immediately ran admin diagnostics on my phone in front of me to demonstrate that functions like camera, touch screen, etc. Then replaced the screen in 45 minutes. Only $70 and it looks brand new. They write the phones serial# on the receipt for you so you can feel safe. Only advise, log out of you email accounts etc before giving your phone for repair. Just to be safe! Oh, and I'm a Westerner and appreciated that they didn't charge me extra for that!
 

wishyq

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2012
Messages
45
Reaction score
4
I crack mine samsung s3 2days ago.... drop from knee level.....When to JP samsung service centre, they quote me $200-<$230....my budget is like 100-max 150...So expensive.... After reading through the thread... i saw they quote price differently in some other service like marina square, ps. I feel like each service centre act like different company...print out their own price list and they really profit from repair phone, not just selling their mobile phone.
 

mokseng

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
30,890
Reaction score
27
I crack mine samsung s3 2days ago.... drop from knee level.....When to JP samsung service centre, they quote me $200-<$230....my budget is like 100-max 150...So expensive.... After reading through the thread... i saw they quote price differently in some other service like marina square, ps. I feel like each service centre act like different company...print out their own price list and they really profit from repair phone, not just selling their mobile phone.

Samsung repair service is known to be expensive. Maybe you can try outside hp shop see how much, since no more warranty. If it's above 200, might as well get a redmi note or top up $99 for a brand new mi3. That's what I'll do.

Next time just go qoo10 and get one of those tempered glass screen protectors. Below $10 can get alr. Will save you a broken glass.
 

david_lim

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
I crack mine samsung s3 2days ago.... drop from knee level.....When to JP samsung service centre, they quote me $200-<$230....my budget is like 100-max 150...So expensive.... After reading through the thread... i saw they quote price differently in some other service like marina square, ps. I feel like each service centre act like different company...print out their own price list and they really profit from repair phone, not just selling their mobile phone.

Can go try third party repair shops at Bugis or Sim Lim. About $80-$120 to fix only. Not very worth it to fix at Service Centre. 2nd hand S3 now at most $200.
 
Joined
Jun 23, 2015
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
Mine was also cracked..Customer service told that it is not covered in warranty.
Got it repaired from local market. Really cheap.
 

znlee11

Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2009
Messages
403
Reaction score
31
Mine was also cracked..Customer service told that it is not covered in warranty.
Got it repaired from local market. Really cheap.

Bro. Where you you repair your screen from local market cheaply? My s3 screen cracked jialat jialat.
I want to replace the screen man.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top