Crucial M4 freezing

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
36,282
Reaction score
6,832
Bought since 2012, is it a sign that a change has to come? Updated firmware recently, thought the freezing issue was my HDD, swapped out the suspected HDD and still not solved so i guess its the SSD, since everything im doing hangs and recently I have to restart my com.
 

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
36,282
Reaction score
6,832
Have you done a memtest86 to check on your ram instead?

Yep ! Usually the freezes will just be slightly awhile then the com will come back to life.:s22: Only recently I had to hit the restart button.. I had a ram problem with my notebook last time and the whole thing just BSODed on me so I knew roughly it wasnt a ram problem. Also, the HDD light just stays on meaning something is reading on the HDD/SSD while it freezes.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Yep ! Usually the freezes will just be slightly awhile then the com will come back to life.:s22: Only recently I had to hit the restart button.. I had a ram problem with my notebook last time and the whole thing just BSODed on me so I knew roughly it wasnt a ram problem. Also, the HDD light just stays on meaning something is reading on the HDD/SSD while it freezes.

It can be either ram or your HDD/SSD.

Ram can cause random hangs also. So best is still to check first. Once you have use memtest86 to test and found no errors most probably is your SSD.
 

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
36,282
Reaction score
6,832
It can be either ram or your HDD/SSD.

Ram can cause random hangs also. So best is still to check first. Once you have use memtest86 to test and found no errors most probably is your SSD.


If its the SSD, whats the most reliable SSD in the market these days? looking at 256gb..
 

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
36,282
Reaction score
6,832
As I'm typing this my com just froze up again with the HDD light lit up.. No bsod.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
If its the SSD, whats the most reliable SSD in the market these days? looking at 256gb..

Crucial (MX100, M550) Intel (530, 730), Samsung (840evo, 840pro, 850pro)

Note that Crucial's M4 was conceived during a time just before ssds were completely commoditized
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top