FusionCat
Senior Member
- Joined
- Nov 13, 2002
- Messages
- 1,378
- Reaction score
- 0
My Samsung Galaxy S3 battery dies rather quickly and it can be quite frustrating if I do not have a wall socket charger or wall socket available. I chance upon this current converter which original intention is to convert the USB Ampere from 500mA to 2A so you can also charge your Galaxy Tab on your PC.
My curiosity lead me to wonder if an increase in current would result in a faster charging time via a computer USB.
It is common knowledge that charging on computer is much slower than wall socket because computer output a lower current (ampere) at about 400mA
So I took just a small risk and bought it online. Sharing this result with you if you are also looking for it.
I used GSAM Battery monitor and this is the screen capture based on USB, Wall Socket and via USB + Current Converter
So far it is quite optimistic and I can charge faster via USB.
My curiosity lead me to wonder if an increase in current would result in a faster charging time via a computer USB.
It is common knowledge that charging on computer is much slower than wall socket because computer output a lower current (ampere) at about 400mA
So I took just a small risk and bought it online. Sharing this result with you if you are also looking for it.
I used GSAM Battery monitor and this is the screen capture based on USB, Wall Socket and via USB + Current Converter
So far it is quite optimistic and I can charge faster via USB.
Last edited: