Foozzy2
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Mar 6, 2010
- Messages
- 5,263
- Reaction score
- 1
Hi as stated in the title, my DAE application has been unsuccessful.
I just e-mailed the course director for the course I wanted to rejoin back - Chemical Engineering & am waiting for his reply.
I called TP's admission office and was told to re-send the application email to try and appeal. If I do this, I'd need to wait latest by 22 April for results, but I feel it's somewhat redundant.
So now I'm kind of at a loss as to what my next step would be.
- Money is an issue. But with my age turning 24 this year, I don't have much time I guess.
- If I end up going into a private institution (has to be recognised in SG), I'd probably have to suck it up and take a bank loan.
Background Info:
My L1R4 was 14 - 1 for CCA so 13. O levels was completed in 2009.
I was in TP's ChE course and completed up to Year 2.1 (I didn't complete 2.2 but did go through the whole 2.2 semester).
I ended up withdrawing (stupid misunderstanding led me to withdrawing and not taking a hiatus, resulting in me having to restart from year 1 if I were enrolled back into the course).
My cumulative GPA at the end of Year 2.1 was 3.92.
I have no definitive reason as to why I withdrew, but it's a decision I'll always regret.
I've completed my NS but liable to reservist.
Any advice would be appreciative such as past experiences with DAE or which private institution I might consider and they'd take me in with just my O level certificate.
I just e-mailed the course director for the course I wanted to rejoin back - Chemical Engineering & am waiting for his reply.
I called TP's admission office and was told to re-send the application email to try and appeal. If I do this, I'd need to wait latest by 22 April for results, but I feel it's somewhat redundant.
So now I'm kind of at a loss as to what my next step would be.
- Money is an issue. But with my age turning 24 this year, I don't have much time I guess.
- If I end up going into a private institution (has to be recognised in SG), I'd probably have to suck it up and take a bank loan.
Background Info:
My L1R4 was 14 - 1 for CCA so 13. O levels was completed in 2009.
I was in TP's ChE course and completed up to Year 2.1 (I didn't complete 2.2 but did go through the whole 2.2 semester).
I ended up withdrawing (stupid misunderstanding led me to withdrawing and not taking a hiatus, resulting in me having to restart from year 1 if I were enrolled back into the course).
My cumulative GPA at the end of Year 2.1 was 3.92.
I have no definitive reason as to why I withdrew, but it's a decision I'll always regret.
I've completed my NS but liable to reservist.
Any advice would be appreciative such as past experiences with DAE or which private institution I might consider and they'd take me in with just my O level certificate.

