Day or night flight to beijing

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
6,442
Reaction score
839
Hi all,

I have an option of a day flight departing at 8.30am to PEK via SQ, time of arrival is 2.40pm (A380-800), the other option is a night flight at 1.10am to PEK via SQ, time of arrival is 7.10am (B777-300). Price is the same for both options. Any advise which timing should I take?

I have never taken a mid haul red eye flight before, the pros of a redeye flight is that I can have a full day ahead of me, but I'm not sure whether I can sleep well on the plane, plus I will not be able to check in the hotel if I arrive early.

Thanks!
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,634
Reaction score
3,484
I never had any issues checking into any hotels in China before noon, even in Beijing.

It depends on how you are getting to the hotel from the airport. By car/taxi, doesnt matter when, there's always heavy traffic. If by the subway, avoid morning rush hour.

Also depends on how 'desperate' you need that extra day.
 

Arcanell

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,295
Reaction score
1
depends on you and your purpose. if your purpose is on leisure trip, the red-eye flight definitely gives you more time. Btw, traffic in beijing is horrible
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,634
Reaction score
3,484
If you want to explore another city aside from beijing, check the open jaw ticket Beijing and Shanghai on SQ. Take the high speed train (around S$100ish) or the slow overnight train (cheaper and save one night of accommodation, though not much).
 

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
6,442
Reaction score
839
Thanks everyone for the reply. My return flight departs at 8 plus in the morning from PEK airport. What time should I leave for the airport?
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,634
Reaction score
3,484
Thanks everyone for the reply. My return flight departs at 8 plus in the morning from PEK airport. What time should I leave for the airport?
It's the standard 2 hours prior to departure. So it depends on which part of Beijing you are staying in (the distance to the airport).
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top