DBS Altitude Card, who is using?

camholicx

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
96
Hi,

I applied for this card for about 2 years, been accumlating the points, thinking that it can be offset as miles for my trip.

While purchasing my airticket, I realised that DBS miles can only translates to Krisflyer miles, which means it cant use for other international airlines.

Now I realised the point are of no use.
 

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
22,624
Reaction score
900
Hi,

I applied for this card for about 2 years, been accumlating the points, thinking that it can be offset as miles for my trip.

While purchasing my airticket, I realised that DBS miles can only translates to Krisflyer miles, which means it cant use for other international airlines.

Now I realised the point are of no use.

DBS points can be redeemed for Krisflyer Miles, Asia Miles, Qantas Points or Air Asia Points.

Asia miles give u access to oneworld alliance airlines and krisflyer to Star Alliance airlines. So there are some international airlines that u can redeem flights on.
 

loveboon

Master Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2010
Messages
2,608
Reaction score
1,253
I initially used for a few years until I changed to HSBC Revolution instead.
 

Naqsaq

Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
185
Reaction score
21
Been using past ~5 years for basically all spending. Accumulated enough points for 4-6 trips to Europe/US in economy, depending on the routing and whether with SQ/QF. Should probably start exploring other CC options also.
 

wira

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2000
Messages
5,772
Reaction score
771
Been using past ~5 years for basically all spending. Accumulated enough points for 4-6 trips to Europe/US in economy, depending on the routing and whether with SQ/QF. Should probably start exploring other CC options also.
can consider UOB Priv miles for general spending card as it gives slightly higher 1.4 mpd
 

Naqsaq

Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
185
Reaction score
21
can consider UOB Priv miles for general spending card as it gives slightly higher 1.4 mpd

Had a quick look and the differences between the basic competitors seen very marginal. DBS points never expiring is a big plus to me, though not entirely unique to DBS Altitude. Sticking with this for now.
 

wira

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2000
Messages
5,772
Reaction score
771
Had a quick look and the differences between the basic competitors seen very marginal. DBS points never expiring is a big plus to me, though not entirely unique to DBS Altitude. Sticking with this for now.
yes you are right, benefits of DBS altitude is points never expire while uob has a 2 year expiry.
 

rizuna

Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
162
Reaction score
10
deleted since i am wrong. altitude got better earn rate than premier
 
Last edited:

Lè Crayons

Master Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
3,288
Reaction score
2,155
Hi,

I applied for this card for about 2 years, been accumlating the points, thinking that it can be offset as miles for my trip.

While purchasing my airticket, I realised that DBS miles can only translates to Krisflyer miles, which means it cant use for other international airlines.

Now I realised the point are of no use.
Do you need to pay the one time fee to convert your DBS points to Krisflyer miles for Altitude Card?
 

Rong626

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
181
I've it still as backup and for general spend. Else you should be using a 4mpd card at least
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top