DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

rubber33

Master Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
2,702
Reaction score
145
I'm doing day trading only. On good day, just for 1 day like yesterday, I can achieve 35% gain on my principal. No need bull run if you do it both ways. Just observe and follow the market flow. But the risk is very very high. That's why only spare money goes there. And that's why I'm a great risk taker now you know :LOL: I'm not sure how good treasures is. In fact I receive invitation this month saying something like 5% on my excess funds since I didn't entertain when the RM called me I tell him I'm not interested. I didn't read much into the info.

are the trading charges high? I use vickers cash upfront also need like 30 sgd per transaction.
 

Devilsire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
11,716
Reaction score
4,453
Topup bonus interest for June is credited.

now just left the 2 stacked CASA for me :love:

Got it :love:

just for future reference:
CASA 1.5% Release 23 Jun Bonus by 31 Jul
CASA 1.5% Release 14 Jul Bonus by 28 Aug
Multiplier 4.1% (up to 100k) by 7th Monthly
MultiplyMore (Next 100-300k, till 30Jun) 0.05% by MonthEnd, 1.38% by following MonthEnd
multiplier suddenly have special promo invite, 0.05+1.38% for multiples of 10k above 100k, till 30 June.

CASA window now still at 1.5%?



Total net EIR 2.6%,
tml gonna head to branch :s22:
 

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,263
Reaction score
1,268
Anyone found anything for above 75 years old? I believe don't have correct
They changed both endowments to 75 years. If at 75 this year, still can, otherwise can forget about this cat.

I am only looking at what is "worth" for 2-3 years. Beyond that, you can ask DBS customer service.
 

yiwei

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
454
Reaction score
125
if I managed to upgrade the tier on 25th of the month, will the new interest only start effective on 25th or will be back to 1st of the month?


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
1st of the month, and note the multiplier will calculate bonus interest daily, so you MUST have 100k inside every day to get the full interest. It's ok to hit the higher tier later in the month but the money must be there from the first of the month.

What other way if you don't mind sharing
A lot of easy ways to generate salary/div transfers to the account....
 

koolkool

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
661
Reaction score
80
For those doing CASA at branch, you can bring along your POSB ATM card. The new process will show you the T&C on the LCD screen, ask you to key in the pin to approve. ATM card need not be tied to the multiplier account. The person doing the CASA at the branch looked at my account and just say, "multiplier XXX amount?" I smiled and nodded. Seemed like a lot are doing this. I wonder why DBS is not stopping it since they are paying an interest rate that far exceed normal interest rate for multiplier with CASA included. But I am not complaining. I hope it last as long as possible but I know good things in banking just don't last forever...
 

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,263
Reaction score
1,268
For those doing CASA at branch, you can bring along your POSB ATM card. The new process will show you the T&C on the LCD screen, ask you to key in the pin to approve. ATM card need not be tied to the multiplier account. The person doing the CASA at the branch looked at my account and just say, "multiplier XXX amount?" I smiled and nodded. Seemed like a lot are doing this. I wonder why DBS is not stopping it since they are paying an interest rate that far exceed normal interest rate for multiplier with CASA included. But I am not complaining. I hope it last as long as possible but I know good things in banking just don't last forever...
We will all blame you if it stops since you are telling the bank rep to stop it! :ROFLMAO:

I have been enjoying it for more than 2 years! HSBC ega ended in 4-5 years? haha

(By the way, if no ATM card, can just sign on the tablet!)
 

CaptainWu

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
1,197
Reaction score
237
I wonder why DBS is not stopping it since they are paying an interest rate that far exceed normal interest rate for multiplier with CASA included. But I am not complaining. I hope it last as long as possible but I know good things in banking just don't last forever...
One interest rate is for Multiplier then CASA is for locking the fund for a period. In fact UOB do the same with separate interest rate for the UOB account and Stack Up interest. Don't worry for DBS as you can see their NIM still okay as compare to other banks meaning what they are paying justified them to push for more saving to come in.
 

shengliang1981

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
2,439
Reaction score
174
Anyone knows if sign up for Term Protect/ProtectFirst in early August (e.g.: first week), will the insurance category for multiplier be counted from August or September? Thank you.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top