DDR3 Ram prices at SLS

Stevejobless

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2012
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
0
Those of you still on DDR3 with last gen intel platform are better off buying online. I plan on upgraded my 4GB 1600mhz from 5 years ago to 8GB. SLS quoted me $110 for Gskill ripjaw 8GB (4x2) 2133mhz. Amazon does not have anything above 1600mhz that free ships to sg. I searched online and evenly bought Gskill ripjawsZ 8GB 2400 for $86.8 (including shipping). It arrived yesterday. I got the higher end product at much lower price even with shipping added. Thats how ridiculous current local pricing for DDR3 is. :vijayadmin:
 

Stevejobless

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2012
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
0
Since when highly overclocked DDR3 got cheap one?

2133mhz is hardly considered highly overclock. My point is the price online is like almost 1/2. The 2400mhz ripjaws x with slightly higher latency than the one I bought are around $53 ($78 with shipping). Amazon didn't have any of that speed that ships free to sg at the moment or i would have saved even more. That's less than the price of the lowest entry level cpu heatsink.
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,058
Reaction score
1,758
It seems that Amazon changed their policy wrt RAMs. I bought my Kingston HyperX Savage with FSSG. The other RAMs I looked at also had FSSG. I just checked and now these RAMs do not ship to Singapore.

Edit: please ignore. Corrected in post #11
 
Last edited:

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
5,937
Reaction score
271
Those of you still on DDR3 with last gen intel platform are better off buying online. I plan on upgraded my 4GB 1600mhz from 5 years ago to 8GB. SLS quoted me $110 for Gskill ripjaw 8GB (4x2) 2133mhz. Amazon does not have anything above 1600mhz that free ships to sg. I searched online and evenly bought Gskill ripjawsZ 8GB 2400 for $86.8 (including shipping). It arrived yesterday. I got the higher end product at much lower price even with shipping added. Thats how ridiculous current local pricing for DDR3 is. :vijayadmin:

Buy 1 stick of 4gb value ram instead.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,321
Reaction score
6,582
It seems that Amazon changed their policy wrt RAMs. I bought my Kingston HyperX Savage with FSSG. The other RAMs I looked at also had FSSG. I just checked and now these RAMs do not ship to Singapore.

If amazon run out and it is by other shops, then it might not have shipping to singapore. Else rams sold by amazon themselve will have shipping to singapore.
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,058
Reaction score
1,758
If amazon run out and it is by other shops, then it might not have shipping to singapore. Else rams sold by amazon themselve will have shipping to singapore.

I did check for shipped and sold by Amazon.

Anyway, I've figured it out. Seems to be some sort of glitch.

Image2_zpsby8ciowx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Image3_zpsahww1ody.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
35,145
Reaction score
1,246
DDR3 rams getting very exp.

I bought my 8GB x 2 Kingston DDR3-1866mhz CL10 rams for $80 just 2 months ago.

:(
 

undead102

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2006
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
0
Lol I remember when I bought my 1 x 8gb Kingston RAM ddr3 3 yrs ago it was about $80-90. Only recently check SLS pricelist had o realise that RAM price become cheaper compare to last time.
 

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
5,623
Reaction score
7
ok, off topic abit. where can i find ddr3L ram for laptop huh? price list in hwz nv show leh. any idea price range?
 

MrMundy

Master Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
4,715
Reaction score
26
ok, off topic abit. where can i find ddr3L ram for laptop huh? price list in hwz nv show leh. any idea price range?

have. only certain shops have the pricing, but alot of shops got carry.
cant rmb which 1 has the pricing but i saw 8gb before. if u are looking for 16gb laptop ram go amazon
 

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
140,671
Reaction score
9,361
got problem meh ? I went amazon search "ddr3 2400mhz"

ticked the left 2 option "sg , free ship international"

added first item to cart , corsair 8+8gb for $69.90

can checkout +$5 shipping since didn't hit 125



so compared to first post by threadstarter ..... amazon ddr3 is faster and less than half price of SLS .... since double capacity
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,136
Reaction score
17,425
got problem meh ? I went amazon search "ddr3 2400mhz"

ticked the left 2 option "sg , free ship international"

added first item to cart , corsair 8+8gb for $69.90

can checkout +$5 shipping since didn't hit 125



so compared to first post by threadstarter ..... amazon ddr3 is faster and less than half price of SLS .... since double capacity
Pro shopper. :o
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top