Deep cool led vs nzxt led

quiksive

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
Hi guys.

Sorry for asking a noob question. In term of price and performance for deep cool led and nzxt led, which one is more worth it?
 

leongws

Master Member
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
3,039
Reaction score
676
i'll go for Aliexpress or Qoo10 led...

My friend just got 1 RGB led stripe for me from Taobao. S$13(inclusive shipping) for 200cm with 10 button RF remote control. Basic yet does its job.

 
Last edited:

LiLAsN

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
510
I have 3 types of LED strips.

1) The Deep Cool LED comes with 3 strips and a touch sensitive remote. Problem is, it gets exceptionally hot. It caused the strip above to fall off. Had to resort to buying a 3M strip to help hold it in place. As a result of the heat, my PC's fans tend to spin much more often. But it really isn't that bad. Just that, to make your PC last longer, best to not expose your parts to even more heat. The remote itself is sometimes overly sensitive and sometimes will not respond to any presses. But worst part is when it starts blinking like as if a button is pressed causing the light in my PC to start changing to another colour.

2) I bought a long 5m LED strip to cover my entire desk. Comes with physical buttons that makes it easier to change colours. LED strip itself end up to be less than 5m. (Is it ever a surprise from such products) This strip has different colours illuminated to create the overall colour that you want. But in turn, you can see the slight variations of green, red, blue that makes up the main colour. I still love the overall effect that it creates on my desk though. And it's cheap and long.

3) Recently bought myself the NZXT Hue+. Light is dimmer than the Deepcool RGB LED. No way to adjust brightness to be higher. But to make it dimmer, I just shift the colour contrast close to the black version of the colour in the Cam software.
- Another good thing about it is it only uses 2 pins to power the LEDs and for Singapore where electricity costs a lot, that is a welcome feature.
- Also, it is not as hot as Deepcool's LED.
- There are 2 splits that allows for 4 LED strips to be put on each of them for a total of 8 strips on the Hue+. I tried connecting the other 2 brands of LED strips above but it will fail to light up. You can choose any colour for each of the 10 LEDs per strip. Totalling up to 40 individual colours. That's amazing. One downside is if you use custom, the same effect will be applied to the other split of 4 strips.
- You can use the Cam app version to control the LED from your phone too.
- But I can safely say it brings my PC look to a whole new level. I added more strips to light up the desk with it too. Thus why I have more than 4 strips for the Hue+.

PS: Since I have all 3, I just thought of testing them for the sake of testing and here are the results below.
Compatibility, the LED strips from Deepcool can be combined with the 5m LED strip but it will cause a shift in colour. I chose a bluish colour but the Deepcool LED shined a cyan green instead.
The 5m strip has a Power plug that is compatible with the Deepcool's main module that powers the LED. Allowing you to connect 3 different LEDs into it and using the touch sensitive remote. But since I hate that remote, I just stick to the 5m strip's own module.

Look of my PC case and TV area of the Desk with the NZXT Hue+.
ffrgMgTh.jpg

q3WKmhkh.jpg

c41IaPZl.jpg
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top