Dell u2717d good enough for games?

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
5,927
Reaction score
5
Thanks. Of course bf1 soon. 60hz enough?
That one depends on BF1 developers, whether they will allow for servers to run higher than 60Hz or not.

But for now, U2717 more than enough.

Also, it depends on what GPU u using to drive the 1440p resolution. No point get 144Hz monitor but GPU can only manage 40fps average in the game.
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,577
Reaction score
1,255
I have this monitor, love it, great colors, good brightness, good resolution, good price. What else not to like. I play witcher 3 on this, seems fine to me.
 

raysusan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2002
Messages
19,454
Reaction score
29
do we really need a high end card for a monitor of 60hz only?
 

crow_nest

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
648
Don't mean to bump a month old thread.. But I recently got this same monitor and I realised the input lag is quite noticeably bad as compared to my older Dell U2412M. You can feel the mouse lag right from the moment you use it in Windows, and this translates into games as well. I play alot of overwatch and I just tested it in CS: Source and I too can feel the input latency there despite the game running at blazing fast FPS. I did not change any of my mouse/keyboard set up, so that cannot be the issue here.

Doing a bit of Googling, I found out I'm not the only one who noticed the input lag. I'm just surprised no one mentioned anything about this. Is there perhaps some setting or something I can do to reduce it? This is the ONLY issue I have with this otherwise great monitor.
 

IceRealm

Senior Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
763
Reaction score
25
If you play games like CS:GO, you should get a 144hz TN monitor instead as these FPS games requires a really low response time.
 

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,694
Reaction score
525
Don't mean to bump a month old thread.. But I recently got this same monitor and I realised the input lag is quite noticeably bad as compared to my older Dell U2412M. You can feel the mouse lag right from the moment you use it in Windows, and this translates into games as well. I play alot of overwatch and I just tested it in CS: Source and I too can feel the input latency there despite the game running at blazing fast FPS. I did not change any of my mouse/keyboard set up, so that cannot be the issue here.

Doing a bit of Googling, I found out I'm not the only one who noticed the input lag. I'm just surprised no one mentioned anything about this. Is there perhaps some setting or something I can do to reduce it? This is the ONLY issue I have with this otherwise great monitor.

25ms for this model:
http://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/2b486f
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top