Desktop Computer Upgrading

steveniam

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2002
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
My system is quite slow and at time it's freeze so I intend to upgrade so it can run faster. I am running Windows 7 and thinking of upgrading to Windows 10 before the free upgrading offer expired.

I will be reusing the following:

CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 @3.1GHZ
DVD RW Drive
PowerSupply
Monitors
HDD (as a storage for data)

and I will need the following:

motherboard
RAM (8 Gb or 16 Gb)
Casings
HDD (will want to upgrade to SSD for faster and reliability) Currently it's usage is 250GB)

I am using the computer for photoshop + video streaming with multiple screens (two monitors) for forex/future trading. I am using 3 portable hdd (total 5 TBs) to store my datas

I can spend up to $800 for the upgrading although will be happier if can get a cheaper configuration.

Any suggestions?
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
motherboard nid get 2nd hand if u wan to reuse ur cpu. cos the ones selling in stores are not compatible.
 

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2001
Messages
6,185
Reaction score
6
Get one SSD and install win7 first. Does that solve your problem first?
Did you clean the dust of the heat sink?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top