luggagepls
Member
- Joined
- Jul 16, 2011
- Messages
- 102
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi guys, would like to seek your assistance with this issue that has been plaguing me since this year...
I purchased my desktop from Aftershock a year back in December 2014 and everything has been smooth sailing until recently. Basically, the issue that I am facing right now is that my desktop just randomly powers off, as if someone had pulled the plug from the wall.
The desktop can either last the whole day (until shutdown) without facing any issues or 2 hours from boot up... what happens exactly is the computer suddenly powers off > attempts to power on by itself (LED turns on, fans start spinning) > power cut off (again). This process is repeated until either (1) I hold down the power button and wait a few minutes before turning the system back on, or (2) it repeats the cycle until it successfully turns on (after many times).
As the system is still covered under two years warranty, I have tried contacting Aftershock to take in the system for diagnosis and troubleshooting. They brought it in and conducted CPU, GPU stress tests and left it on overnight for a week straight. The system did not have any issues. I have also conducted a Memtest on the memory modules with no issues.
I have tried asking for a swap/replacement of the PSU but only to be turned down as they were only able to do so if they have confirmed it to be faulty.
I have no clue where to go from here and was wondering if there is anything I can do or say to Aftershock to prove that this issue exists during home use or is there any place I can go for assistance on this matter...
System:
CPU — Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler — Corsair H80i Cooler
MOBO — ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Storage 1 — TOSHIBA 1TB 3.5 INCH HDD (Buffer Size 32MB)
Storage 2 — Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
GPU — ZOTAC GTX 970
Case — NZXT H440 Black+Red
Memory 1 & 3 — ADATA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Memory 2 & 4 — Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
PSU — Super Flower 600W 80Plus
OS — Windows 10 Pro
I purchased my desktop from Aftershock a year back in December 2014 and everything has been smooth sailing until recently. Basically, the issue that I am facing right now is that my desktop just randomly powers off, as if someone had pulled the plug from the wall.
The desktop can either last the whole day (until shutdown) without facing any issues or 2 hours from boot up... what happens exactly is the computer suddenly powers off > attempts to power on by itself (LED turns on, fans start spinning) > power cut off (again). This process is repeated until either (1) I hold down the power button and wait a few minutes before turning the system back on, or (2) it repeats the cycle until it successfully turns on (after many times).
As the system is still covered under two years warranty, I have tried contacting Aftershock to take in the system for diagnosis and troubleshooting. They brought it in and conducted CPU, GPU stress tests and left it on overnight for a week straight. The system did not have any issues. I have also conducted a Memtest on the memory modules with no issues.
I have tried asking for a swap/replacement of the PSU but only to be turned down as they were only able to do so if they have confirmed it to be faulty.
I have no clue where to go from here and was wondering if there is anything I can do or say to Aftershock to prove that this issue exists during home use or is there any place I can go for assistance on this matter...
System:
CPU — Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler — Corsair H80i Cooler
MOBO — ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Storage 1 — TOSHIBA 1TB 3.5 INCH HDD (Buffer Size 32MB)
Storage 2 — Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
GPU — ZOTAC GTX 970
Case — NZXT H440 Black+Red
Memory 1 & 3 — ADATA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Memory 2 & 4 — Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
PSU — Super Flower 600W 80Plus
OS — Windows 10 Pro
