Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oric1

Reaction score
If your Samsung tv has wifi and is connected to your home network Samsung can remotely test the tv to see whether the DVB-T2/C tuners are defective.

I'll do that too after I bought an indoor digital antenna and have it try out. If it still can't receive any digital signal I'll call Samsung for the test.

Oh yes, it's connected to the home network. Will try it out later and report the findings here. Thanks for heads up!

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
Reply from MDA

Dear Mr. XXX

Thank you for your feedback.

With the Digital TV network, households just need to connect their existing TV to an indoor antenna and a set-top box to watch FTA TV programmes in HD. They will have more flexibility in placing their TV sets without the need to search for a fixed TV point. Indoor antennae now come in compact form such as a bar, frame, or rod. Alternatively, households can purchase an IDTV that has an in-built digital tuner and connect the IDTV to an indoor antenna.

The StarHub cable infrastructure is a commercial network and parts of the network would need to be replaced to support Digital TV. This may result in additional costs and inconvenience to non-subscriber households.

The digital TV network will be rolled out progressively across different parts of Singapore over the next two years. Nationwide coverage will be achieved by December 2015.

The initial phase in December 2013 will enable reception using outdoor antennae, followed by the progressive roll-out of the repeater network to various estates. This will enhance the coverage of the broadcasting network across the country and enable households to receive the digital TV signals using indoor antennae. Subsequent phases will focus on fine-tuning the coverage reception in those areas.

The rollout schedule is on MediaCorp’s website. Once the estate is ready, do look out for DTV information posters that will be put up around the estate.

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
Looks like we need three components for DTV2?

1) HD-TV
2) Setup box (what is this setup box?)
3) Internal or external antenna

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Even as early adopters, we're already facing quite a long list of issues. What happens when they roll it out to the whole population? Fiasco in the making by MDA!
Blame the signal coverage and/or non-compatible tuners.

Add: Plus uninformed consumers.

Certified products as listed by MDA guarantteed to work so long as signal is available.

Last edited:

_dXter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rollout plan, my area only in 2015 :s22:
rollout_map.jpg

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
korea already hd, we still digital upgrading ...... :/

faithsilence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
korea already hd, we still digital upgrading ...... :/

SG is always slow when it comes to adapting such technologies. Japan's TV broadcast has gone fully digital since 2011 July. Watching their TV programs in HD is :D

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
Looks like we need three components for DTV2?

1) HD-TV
2) Setup box (what is this setup box?)
3) Internal or external antenna
The setup box is the box that decodes the digital signal. Currently there's only one official box certified by MDA which is the Draco HDT2-7300 box. :)

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ya we are kindly so slow...
wah my area need to wait 2015/2016!!!

chakuman

Banned
Reaction score

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha Breakfast Network voluntarily closed down.

Ok back to topic. I went StarHub's fb page, and there is a person asking whether they will be carrying the remaining MediaCorp 3 HD channels on their platform. SH replied they are in discussions. I hope they will be launched soon.

https://www.facebook.com/StarHub/posts/10152088679447472

One can always argue it voluntarily closed down, but on the other hand, in the words of Bertha Henson, the requirements of registration so onerous and arbitrary that makes it impractical for Breakfast Network to register.

Whether voluntarily or forced to close down, I think people can exercise their critical thinking to make their own conclusions. :s22:

petetherock

Reaction score
Guys lets stick to tvs and dtv please..
Plenty of places for other discussions.
Thanks

oric1

Reaction score
My Samsung 4k tv also has built-in T2 and C tuners. Also no digital signals received.

Must get an external digital antenna to try leow

Ok, I plugged back the Daiyo EU1702 HD Digital Indoor Antenna and rescanned my Samsung TV.

Now I'm able to get 11 digital channels (I think must be T2). Yesterday I did manual tuning, no wonder no signal. Must select Auto Tuning then can. My bad :)

The antenna is indoor with curtains drawn and yet still can received full signal (Bishan area).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.