Displayport MST Intermittent Black Screen Issue

Shahmatt

Master Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
48
I have my PC connected to a computer monitor and TV through Displayport MST splitter.

The problem is the screen goes black every so often. The black out interval varies between 2 and 15 minutes. It is unpredictable.

I have tried updating graphics drivers but no difference.

I made sure the wires are connected properly but they seem fine.

On the computer monitor OSD I tried changing to DP 1.1 and 1.2 (from default 1.4) but no difference.

Any ideas on what I should try next?
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,587
Reaction score
1,689
Does the issue go away if connected without splitter ?
 

soreloser

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2024
Messages
644
Reaction score
252
I have my PC connected to a computer monitor and TV through Displayport MST splitter.

The problem is the screen goes black every so often. The black out interval varies between 2 and 15 minutes. It is unpredictable.

I have tried updating graphics drivers but no difference.

I made sure the wires are connected properly but they seem fine.

On the computer monitor OSD I tried changing to DP 1.1 and 1.2 (from default 1.4) but no difference.

Any ideas on what I should try next?
Have u tried using just the DP cables without the splitter
 

Shahmatt

Master Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
48
Does the issue go away if connected without splitter ?

Have u tried using just the DP cables without the splitter

Both monitors work fine connected individually.

It's a three cable setup. Two of the three work fine as I have used them individually before.

The third one (short cable to the splitter) I have not tested. Will try later tonight and see.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top