The updated photo... ok, I certainly haven't gotten time to tidy up them cables... or my desk for that matter...
![]()
Had some spare time so decided to try out that mini DIY monitor shelf.
Bought the shelf top for $4. Measurements 590x240x15mm. Ekby Laviva.
![]()
Legs are very sturdy, kinda over kill. Can go for something thinner and cheaper. Capita Legs. 160-170mm. Diameter 25mm, base diameter 40mm. (there's a 10mm plastic washer for that extra lift.)
![]()
Here are the base mounts with the 10mm plastic washers. Yup, overkill.
![]()
Mounting can be done easily with a philips head screwdriver. Do not that the screws given are 15mm long 3mm screws which will go through the Ekby Laviva, which is 15mm thick. So do note to use shorter screws. I used 10mm self threading 4mm screws.
![]()
Fixing up the legs..
![]()
And finish product.
![]()
Total expenditure:
Shelf board $4
Legs $10
Screws $1.60
Rubber base $3
Tota: $15.90
The cons of this is that the legs are not rubber based. You can purchase those at a hardware stores for around $5 per packet of 4 (40mm diameter rubber). Improvements would be using a less expensive leg, though of course this depends on how big the shelf you are gonna make. For longer solutions, like for 3 monitor shelves you can use the Capita legs (x6, 2 for center support) with a thicker (probably 25-30mm thick) board.
Just thought of sharing due to free time.![]()
bump this.. how to make one for my laptop.. cant find anyone sell Tempered Glass!!!
i dont have drill tools.... how?
Why glass?
Drills = buy, return on equity very quick... Handyman charge $5-10 per wall hole
nicer ma
i want to make a table stand na... not drills wall hole
want to make this one..
![]()
actually i want to buy one but seller like MIA liao..

I'm also looking for the tempered glass stand, i hope someone will MO it. There's a seller selling at Gmarket for $52.80 which I think is quite expensive. Maybe I'll consider making the DIY stand instead. But is the "10mm self threading 4mm screws" also sold in Ikea? or need to find at hardware store![]()
I'm also looking for the tempered glass stand, i hope someone will MO it. There's a seller selling at Gmarket for $52.80 which I think is quite expensive. Maybe I'll consider making the DIY stand instead. But is the "10mm self threading 4mm screws" also sold in Ikea? or need to find at hardware store![]()
where to buy the Menova metal rack? i can't find it at giant hypermarket anymore.
Just spotted the menova metal rack at Giant at turf city. Its 450 x 910 x 1800 mm 5 tiers for $179 in silver or black. Dont say i never say.