Do I have to recourse BMT

Randomdude32

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I OOT from Pes A Enhanced BMT because I fell really ill during my high keys week and came down with a high fever for a week, ended up having to take MC for 7 days, missing all my high keys. Now I have been posted as an Auto Tech and am undergoing training. I'm wondering will I have to recourse BMT after I complete my Auto Tech training?
 

pikafunk3

Banned
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
37,828
Reaction score
4,639
I OOT from Pes A Enhanced BMT because I fell really ill during my high keys week and came down with a high fever for a week, ended up having to take MC for 7 days, missing all my high keys. Now I have been posted as an Auto Tech and am undergoing training. I'm wondering will I have to recourse BMT after I complete my Auto Tech training?

the answer is YES

All military personnel (NSF and regulars) are supposed to go through BMT , unless they have special excuse. even downpes people have their own BMT

BMTC has regular BMT intakes for recourse people like you. if they are not able to slot you in, i have heard of NSF being slotted into normal BMT batches as well.

some of my friends during NS time had to do recourse BMT too... some immediately, some a few months later, some even after 1 year of service.

no escape one. your unit will arrange for you when the time is right.

meanwhile there is no way of guessing when it will be (unless you talk to your higher ups), so relax and just take things as they come.
 

Randomdude32

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
the answer is YES

All military personnel (NSF and regulars) are supposed to go through BMT , unless they have special excuse. even downpes people have their own BMT

BMTC has regular BMT intakes for recourse people like you. if they are not able to slot you in, i have heard of NSF being slotted into normal BMT batches as well.

some of my friends during NS time had to do recourse BMT too... some immediately, some a few months later, some even after 1 year of service.

no escape one. your unit will arrange for you when the time is right.

meanwhile there is no way of guessing when it will be (unless you talk to your higher ups), so relax and just take things as they come.

There are recourse BMT intakes for PES A/B1? Are they any different from normal intakes?
 

pikafunk3

Banned
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
37,828
Reaction score
4,639
There are recourse BMT intakes for PES A/B1? Are they any different from normal intakes?

why should they be different.... dont think so

if not enough numbers then maybe you will join regular BMT batch lor

unless they change arrangement over the years.... ?
 
Last edited:

Calander

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
11
There are recourse BMT intakes for PES A/B1? Are they any different from normal intakes?

there are different kinds of intake for recourse BMT.

first type is recourse will be conducted with fresh recruits, regardless leadership batch or not.

second type is all under recourse. this is usually more NSFs who has less than 1 year of service and those nearing to ORD.

second type is more of "going-thru" the motion, and the regimentation and discipline won't be that strict as compared to the first type.
 

WinMe

Master Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2000
Messages
3,951
Reaction score
94
15 years ago, I was in the same boat. No recourse BMT. After OETI posted to unit, get class 3/4/5 license and slack all the way till ORD.
 

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
6,497
Reaction score
28
Well, if you keep having temp downgrade and temp status and the MO keeps failing your FFI for recourse you might be able to avoid going recourse BMT. At least it was the case in the 2000s'.
 

MoyoCase

Banned
Joined
May 10, 2011
Messages
53,228
Reaction score
4,422
15 years ago, I was in the same boat. No recourse BMT. After OETI posted to unit, get class 3/4/5 license and slack all the way till ORD.

if u out of course in BMT due to MC, long illness, long temp downgrade i think there will be no recourse.. sometimes u posted to unit also never go back to recourse.. i think 15 years ago recourse is rare . not sure now
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top