Do I need a noise cancelling microphone?

Shahmatt

Master Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
48
In my office I use my laptop mic to take Teams call.

When I stop talking, and the mic is unmuted, it starts to amplify surrounding environment sounds. Other people in the call find it distracting.

I only want it to pick up near field sounds. When I have stopped talking it would be good if surround sound is ignored.

I see on Shopee there are noise cancelling microphones. Will they fix my problem?

Btw for listening I use my old Shokz Openmove, but the microphone on this is very faint. So I change microphone to the laptop mic.
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,616
Reaction score
886
No mic will solve the problem. Mute yourself when you are not speaking. True noise cancelling microphones are very expensive. I tried many brands (non Apple). Up to 100 bucks. Same problem.
 

Shahmatt

Master Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
48
No mic will solve the problem. Mute yourself when you are not speaking. True noise cancelling microphones are very expensive. I tried many brands (non Apple). Up to 100 bucks. Same problem.
Thanks for the advice
 

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,819
Reaction score
1,121
If you are using a Macbook, map input mic and webcam to your iPhone. You can use iPhone as a webcam and you can dont turn on your cam but to use it's microphone as iPhone mic has build in noise cancellation. For laptop Teams have this feature where by you can add device to your meeting. Use your samsung or google pixel or iPhone to join teams and on your laptop, join and click on Add Device to meeting. So this way you use your laptop to view the presentation slides while you use your phone to speak.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top