Do u lose your temper when teaching your child?

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
I am very frustrated trying to teach my younger P3 Son division. He doesn't seem to understand despite repeated explanations. I wonder if his head injuries when younger, had 2 scalp lacerations, cephalohematoma when born and other knocks, affected his brain until he retarded.
 

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
Or is it that kids r forced to learn things normally taught 2 years earlier as a tuition teacher told me? Last time, I only learned multiplication and division in P4 but now they teach in P2. No wonder kids r getting more stressed and more suicides in kids in Sg. Sometimes, I really wish I can leave this God damned country that is giving me so much stress.
 
Last edited:

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
I hear from a clinic assistant today that she knows of a kid struggling with Chinese and crying.
 

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
And why is the teacher giving my Son homework on division when he doesn't seem to understand at all? Is the teacher so lousy at teaching. It is very tiring for parents and expensive to send for tuition ... Teachers should teach better in class.
 

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
Sometimes I get so frustrated and disillusioned with them that I tell them they will end up as toilet Cleaners and Road sweepers.
 

pdsubbu

Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2017
Messages
247
Reaction score
1
Yup sometimes. As they grow up it becomes easy for us. No other option but to pass by.
 

Dvoiddeckbench

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
5,419
Reaction score
438
Still young, no need to give them stress. It's the age to play and be stress free. You also dont give yourself stress. Fail or succeed in life is not determine by academics.

Sent from Blackberry Torch 9800 using GAGT
 

SunnyStall

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
1,464
Reaction score
24
And why is the teacher giving my Son homework on division when he doesn't seem to understand at all? Is the teacher so lousy at teaching. It is very tiring for parents and expensive to send for tuition ... Teachers should teach better in class.

Hire a tutor to teach the kid? With higher salary like yours, can afford. Sometimes is better to outsource.
 

BwaySaiBoot

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
649
Reaction score
0
I am very frustrated trying to teach my younger P3 Son division. He doesn't seem to understand despite repeated explanations. I wonder if his head injuries when younger, had 2 scalp lacerations, cephalohematoma when born and other knocks, affected his brain until he retarded.

how to tell? but your IQ must be very high to get so many A, so if his is not high then either your gene got block or overshadow or the head knock ko the IQ.

i go check article it say drop more than 10 IQ point le.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2077538/

but then if your iq so high, say 150, minus 10 will be 140 still ok.
unless maybe your kid is adopt one not.
 
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
77,249
Reaction score
59
I am very frustrated trying to teach my younger P3 Son division. He doesn't seem to understand despite repeated explanations. I wonder if his head injuries when younger, had 2 scalp lacerations, cephalohematoma when born and other knocks, affected his brain until he retarded.

same here
sometimes it's just our expectation too high.
take it lightly,best to get tutor to teach lor:)
 

member1

Banned
Joined
Jun 3, 2017
Messages
1,991
Reaction score
0
finish, once about p3 if show no interested in study or can't learn mean gg. no more doctor or lawyer...

the problem i think is with the parent always, but actually the most importance subject how smart a child is , i think is math. if a child do very well in math, he a talent to grow, the other subject are just " bullF"
 
Last edited:

hattorihanzo

Banned
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
6,160
Reaction score
0
I am very frustrated trying to teach my younger P3 Son division. He doesn't seem to understand despite repeated explanations. I wonder if his head injuries when younger, had 2 scalp lacerations, cephalohematoma when born and other knocks, affected his brain until he retarded.

Your the doctor you say leh?
 

member1

Banned
Joined
Jun 3, 2017
Messages
1,991
Reaction score
0
actually if when p3 cannot learn, the child already loss the core or interested in education already..
 
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
77,249
Reaction score
59
finish, once about p3 if show no interested in study or can't learn mean gg. no more doctor or lawyer...

the problem i think is with the parent always, but actually the most importance subject how smart a child is , i think is math. if a child do very well in math, he a talent to grow, the other subject are just " bullF"

who say one? i can tell you i IMO my childhood time just played and played never put real effort to study. and my other classmates some did better than me overall but none could beat my maths.
so both your statements too generalised lar...........
 

SunnyStall

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
1,464
Reaction score
24
You could lost interest even if you are above P3. Sometimes is the way the teachers in school that cause the kids lost interest in the subjects. Maths is only one subject, languages are also important.
 

mssynice168

Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2016
Messages
415
Reaction score
0
I used to scream alot when she dun get wat I m teaching her. Sometimes the answer is right in front of her and yet she choose to look else where n got it wrong. Then some time in end P4, wat she said wakes up my mind. If she has anything she dun noe, she choose to b wrong then to ask cos she was too scare she couldn't understand my teaching n scare i scream at her.

From tat day onwards, I hv never scold her once, even if she dun get it, even if she fail. If she fail, I w ask her, wat could we do to help her do better, does she needs extra assmt books? Even for assmt books, we go buy together.

After every exam, so long as she shows tat she has worked hard, we w go celebrate regardless of results. Even for her PSLE last yr, she was almost the lowest in whole class, but we are so happy that she pass and so proud of her, yet from wat she told me, her classmates many got scolded for not doing better.

I never really study hard during my earlier days, it was really a miracle tat I managed to complete my studies. So I have to be fair to her.

Now, I dun really care now whether she do well in her studies, there are many other routes in life, so long as she is healthy and she got her moral values right, the rest are not impt to me.
 

Jasmine11

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2018
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
I am very frustrated trying to teach my younger P3 Son division. He doesn't seem to understand despite repeated explanations. I wonder if his head injuries when younger, had 2 scalp lacerations, cephalohematoma when born and other knocks, affected his brain until he retarded.

My parents also had a hard time teaching me when I was young, I think it is normal la because in the end i turn out okay in life I guess. Hehe XD
 

pdsubbu

Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2017
Messages
247
Reaction score
1
It's our routine in life. Parenting isn't a small job. isn't it.

When Kids group, things are going to be normal..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top