Do you think MS and Sony saved AMD's future? Cause AMD is dying already. CPUs cannot compete with Intel and GPU is facing stiff competition.
but with Xbox and PS4, both companies really give AMD a lifeline and even possibly turn AMDs fortune around.
Since console games and PC games are closely related (PC versions exist in console and vice versa), having AMD CPU/GPU means its way alot easier to make games for both PC and console since hardware is similar.
This also give AMD and edge over Intel and even Nvidia as games will now be optimised for AMD hardware (due to the console hardware).
I am sure this will also AMD to better design their future GPU/CPU for games.
If AMD could manage and execute their plans well for the next few years, I feel things could really look good for them.
but with Xbox and PS4, both companies really give AMD a lifeline and even possibly turn AMDs fortune around.
Since console games and PC games are closely related (PC versions exist in console and vice versa), having AMD CPU/GPU means its way alot easier to make games for both PC and console since hardware is similar.
This also give AMD and edge over Intel and even Nvidia as games will now be optimised for AMD hardware (due to the console hardware).
I am sure this will also AMD to better design their future GPU/CPU for games.
If AMD could manage and execute their plans well for the next few years, I feel things could really look good for them.

