Does Phone Brand Name affect Buying Decision?

Estrelle

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Sometimes I do wonder of that. I honestly feel some people buy phone because of the phone brand or the name itself. Sometimes because the name sounds cool or sounds like music to their ear. Iphone for example, I asked my bff and she said, she get it because it sounds good ... not because of usability or anything like that.

So then there's lumia, HTC, Samsung, Huawei, blackberry etc ...

Then comes the model name like Galaxy Note, Ascend Mate, P6, s4, Nexus so on and so forth.

So, I am just wondering if there are majority of the people here actually let the name dictate whether they zing with the phone or not hehe. Or you are free to tell what actually leads you to your purchase choice of smartphone.
 

ah_cheng1882

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
1,819
Reaction score
32
Let's put it this way... The model name must be reasonably in line with the image. If Samsung is silly enough to come out with a model called Samsung Sh*t 5, u think anyone would buy? But would Samsung do that? I'm sure their marketing dept would be sacked!
 

Estrelle

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Let's put it this way... The model name must be reasonably in line with the image. If Samsung is silly enough to come out with a model called Samsung Sh*t 5, u think anyone would buy? But would Samsung do that? I'm sure their marketing dept would be sacked!

Haha, true if you put it that way but if they actually come out with samsung sh8t i would consider buying ... it's funny in a way.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top