Dog tag

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,097
Reaction score
13
Those of you who ORD around 1998, did your unit ask for your dog tag back? Because mine did. I recall a buddy who couldn't find his dog tag and was told either delay ORD by one day and bring dog tag tomorrow or pay a fine for lost dog tag. He chose to pay the fine.

Well recently we were served SAF100 for overseas ICT admin. We were told have to bring dog tag. Apparently nowadays they no longer ask for your dog tag when you ORD. I told them I returned my dog tag when I ORDed as told to do so therefore I have no dog tag.

They happily indicated on the checklist that I had lost the dog tag and told me to go to Beach Road to make.

Firstly its the inconvenience of having to go there. Then there's having to pay for it with my own money. Why should I have to bear the consequences when it was my unit who told me to return my dog tag when I ORDed?

I followed instructions and returned the tag. And now due to some policy change, I get penalised for allegedly losing it?
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
Then you just tell them lor. But I guess it's ll 1, they will still tell you and go and make.

Was told last ict that I needed to have a dogtag for ATEC, in the end, I also never make.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
It may end up at your P-file at Mindef/CMPB/Unit.


I know this cause i used to work in admin side & there are alot of NSF ask to return this & that by their unit when Mindef did not even say needs to return.


If you have network, go dig out your P-file & your dog tag maybe inside there if they have not lose it (^^")
 

nitelife

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
7,006
Reaction score
0
if nid to return then go make 1 at beach road lo...cost $4 onli...cheaper than fine anyway
 

knightcross

Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
They happily indicated on the checklist that I had lost the dog tag and told me to go to Beach Road to make.

Firstly its the inconvenience of having to go there. Then there's having to pay for it with my own money. Why should I have to bear the consequences when it was my unit who told me to return my dog tag when I ORDed?

I followed instructions and returned the tag. And now due to some policy change, I get penalised for allegedly losing it?

saf is one screwed up mess, u shd know by now.

i feel u shd go make new ID tags, for ur own sake.

think back to the case of the plane crashing in taiwan.

in an emergency, if everyone had their ID tags on, those hurt could be given blood transfusion and the deceased could be indentifed.

god knows where the collected tags are by now, is it easier to make new ones or call them ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top