Dolphin capital investment

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
8,582
Reaction score
292
Dolphin Capital Investors Limited is a legitimate company.

In their heyday (2007), its shares were worth 1.82 pounds. Now it is worth 0.07 pounds.

Do you think this is worth investing?
 

alt2015

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2015
Messages
453
Reaction score
26
Wow! Drop so much !

I am not referring to the share but those investment under dolphin trust tat earn 12% pa. Lock in for 2 yrs.
Would like to hear from those who invested
 

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
8,582
Reaction score
292
Wow! Drop so much !

I am not referring to the share but those investment under dolphin trust tat earn 12% pa. Lock in for 2 yrs.
Would like to hear from those who invested

If you're a Singaporean staying in Singapore, and you want to be protected, then find something that is regulated by MAS.

Doesn't look like Dolphin Trust is regulated.

But it's up to you, really.
 

Shion

Senior Mentor
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
376,025
Reaction score
122,259
Dolphin Capital Investors Limited is a legitimate company.

In their heyday (2007), its shares were worth 1.82 pounds. Now it is worth 0.07 pounds.

Do you think this is worth investing?

Are you sure that Dolphin Trust GmbH, which is what TS is referring to, is Dolphin Capital Investors ?
 
Last edited:

alt2015

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2015
Messages
453
Reaction score
26
If you're a Singaporean staying in Singapore, and you want to be protected, then find something that is regulated by MAS.

Doesn't look like Dolphin Trust is regulated.

But it's up to you, really.
Thks for yr advice. Not intending to invest in this unless I am convinced the risk is Low.
 

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
24,604
Reaction score
5,595
Is this a viable investment?
Absolutely NOT.

DCI's market capitalization is a microscopic ÂŁ65.13 million, and, according to the London Stock Exchange's data, its stock has never had more than 9 daily trades in the past month. There are many, many days when there's literally zero trading activity in the stock.

The company is busy divesting its real estate -- ALL of it, according to its published business strategy -- so if you want to ring them up and discuss buying one or more of the resorts they're trying to unload, maybe you can strike a deal with their loss making enterprise. You'll need to have a particular interest in Greek and/or Cypriot resorts, since that's mainly what they still hold.

Where the heck did you find this turkey?
 

alt2015

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2015
Messages
453
Reaction score
26
Absolutely NOT.

DCI's market capitalization is a microscopic ÂŁ65.13 million, and, according to the London Stock Exchange's data, its stock has never had more than 9 daily trades in the past month. There are many, many days when there's literally zero trading activity in the stock.

The company is busy divesting its real estate -- ALL of it, according to its published business strategy -- so if you want to ring them up and discuss buying one or more of the resorts they're trying to unload, maybe you can strike a deal with their loss making enterprise. You'll need to have a particular interest in Greek and/or Cypriot resorts, since that's mainly what they still hold.

Where the heck did you find this turkey?

Heard From a Friend. Anyway think I am better off putting my money in something that is legally under my own name.
 

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
9,605
Reaction score
854
Is this a viable investment? Anyone who invested in this can share ?

No, they're the latest incarnation of the "land-banking" sharks that were doing the rounds a few years back. You won't get your money back.

Dolphin themselves have been running this scheme for a few years now. I remember seeing them on here a few years back, talking about stupidly high returns for refurbishing heritage-listed German real estate. Nobody could explain why they'd want to borrow from random Singaporean investors at 12-20%, instead of borrowing from German banks at the lowest interest rates in the world.
 

Tiger9119

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2017
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
11
No difference than Profitable Plots.


The firm's land-banking scheme offered an opportunity to invest in properties in Britain.

Clients were lured with promises of 12.5 per cent returns within six months. Instead, they lost $3.1 million after part of the returns.

It had assured its investors that its products had been pre-sold to major corporations, which turned out to be a lie.

The company's directors, Britons Timothy Goldring and John Nordmann, were jailed for 15 years for cheating investors.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q96YUfR_8Tg
 

Cherry67lim

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Wow! Drop so much !

I am not referring to the share but those investment under dolphin trust tat earn 12% pa. Lock in for 2 yrs.
Would like to hear from those who invested

Dolphin Trust is the co. that offers 12% investment returns. Not Dolphin Capital Investmt. They are 2 diff. entities.
DTrust offers started yr2013, and up to today no default. The whole investment scheme is backed by Germany Tax law and heritage building regulation. A very sound investment I would say. I went thru all the info searching, and invested in the scheme. So far, got all my money back with no hiccups. Reinvested.
The reason I am writing here is to try to clear the misunderstanding. The CEO of both the Singapore side as well as the Germany side are Super hardworking people, and I know them. They work so hard to gv me my high returns. Therefore I feel that I should stand up for them to clear up the air.
If you wish to have more details can email me. Else I leave you to go Google Dolphin-trust.com website to see for yourself what I said is true.
 

kingboonz

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2011
Messages
960
Reaction score
169
Dolphin Trust is the co. that offers 12% investment returns. Not Dolphin Capital Investmt. They are 2 diff. entities.
DTrust offers started yr2013, and up to today no default. The whole investment scheme is backed by Germany Tax law and heritage building regulation. A very sound investment I would say. I went thru all the info searching, and invested in the scheme. So far, got all my money back with no hiccups. Reinvested.
The reason I am writing here is to try to clear the misunderstanding. The CEO of both the Singapore side as well as the Germany side are Super hardworking people, and I know them. They work so hard to gv me my high returns. Therefore I feel that I should stand up for them to clear up the air.
If you wish to have more details can email me. Else I leave you to go Google Dolphin-trust.com website to see for yourself what I said is true.


So can you explain why they want to loan money from retail investors like you at 12% instead of loaning from babks
 

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
8,582
Reaction score
292
Dolphin Trust is the co. that offers 12% investment returns. Not Dolphin Capital Investmt. They are 2 diff. entities.
DTrust offers started yr2013, and up to today no default. The whole investment scheme is backed by Germany Tax law and heritage building regulation. A very sound investment I would say. I went thru all the info searching, and invested in the scheme. So far, got all my money back with no hiccups. Reinvested.
The reason I am writing here is to try to clear the misunderstanding. The CEO of both the Singapore side as well as the Germany side are Super hardworking people, and I know them. They work so hard to gv me my high returns. Therefore I feel that I should stand up for them to clear up the air.
If you wish to have more details can email me. Else I leave you to go Google Dolphin-trust.com website to see for yourself what I said is true.

You created an account in Nov 2018 and made only one single post with positives about it. Should we trust you?
 

mcsane

Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
451
Reaction score
2
But our gahmen only guarantees us 4 to 6% in our CPFs and the whole world is jelly about this already.

Your guaranteed 12% p.a is making my knees jelly.

Maybe can ring up Temasek as potential investor and check if they have the IQ of a hamster?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top