Embedded Social Media Posts

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello team,

I seem to have an issue in accessing the embedded social media posts when using the below settings:
  • Firefox Browser 88
  • Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

I have disabled all extensions and set the browser privacy settings to 'no filter' for Hardwarezone but certain embedded posts still do not work. It will says the error below:

Code:
Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.

So far Facebook does not work, Tiktok does not work, Imgur does not work as well.

I believe Youtube is working fine.

I read up on XenForo and the issue happens to Firefox because Firefox has the 'Facebook container' function. Is it possible to set up a 'direct link' right below to the embedded media?
See the link for their solution - https://github.com/s9e/s9e.github.io/issues/3

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Admin,

Just to confirm - it is the Firefox Container extension that is causing the problem for Facebook...
When you have FB Container running, you cannot load any of the embedded FB posts.

artemov

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Facebook or tiktok or some other social media will give me a big gray block.
I think it's due to the github container thingy.

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i do encountered the same issue as well

Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.

t2r3st

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I encounter the same issue too.

Please please pretty please get it fixed soon... 🙏

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback, will check with the Tech team on their progress. :)

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
When are we getting the direct link feature? It has been 2 months
As it is a browser-centric Firefox issue, we do not have a timeline for this. Meanwhile please try using a different browser until there is a permanent solution. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.