Enlistment problems.

gbhero

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
Thread Closed

Hi guys, I have a few questions or so that I'm kind of troubled with and I do not know the correct actions to take for now so I'm seeking help here. Hope you guys can help me!

So I'm just gonna start from the beginning of everything. I failed my GP for A's and hence went back to school to 'retake' A's just in case I do not get offered a uni course. However, I was later informed again to schedule a medical checkup with CMPB as the validity was only 1 year. I booked it on the coming 19th this June.

I know there is a intake for NAPFA failures if I'm not wrong next week, and coincidentally I too also failed my NAPFA. Just sadly that my medical checkup falls after that which seems to cause problems. Ok. Right now I'm worried about the fact that I'm offered CS in NTU and will be matriculating in 2015. BUT. If I miss this June intake, I believe the next enlistment possible for me is Sept as Aug is probably for commando level ranking right?

If I enlist at Sept and counting 2 years, I will miss my uni like this. Of course I can simply just matriculate in 2016(?) but why would I want to waste time?

Others facts that I can offer: I was offered CS on 9th May. On the same week, I withdrawed from school. I also visited CMPB to inform about the cancellation of my deferment but the lady at the counter told me my deferment was rejected? And she said I have to wait for my medical checkup since I have booked it and I can do nothing except to wait? The lady further mentioned that I can ask the people inside once I'm done with the MC about my enlistment. To be honest, I do not trust the words of her at all.

What should I do? Life at stake here guys. I really hope someone can help me. Thanks!
 
Last edited:

Havok_ex

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
1,812
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I have a few questions or so that I'm kind of troubled with and I do not know the correct actions to take for now so I'm seeking help here. Hope you guys can help me!

So I'm just gonna start from the beginning of everything. I failed my GP for A's and hence went back to school to 'retake' A's just in case I do not get offered a uni course. However, I was later informed again to schedule a medical checkup with CMPB as the validity was only 1 year. I booked it on the coming 19th this June.

I know there is a intake for NAPFA failures if I'm not wrong next week, and coincidentally I too also failed my NAPFA. Just sadly that my medical checkup falls after that which seems to cause problems. Ok. Right now I'm worried about the fact that I'm offered CS in NTU and will be matriculating in 2015. BUT. If I miss this June intake, I believe the next enlistment possible for me is Sept as Aug is probably for commando level ranking right?

If I enlist at Sept and counting 2 years, I will miss my uni like this. Of course I can simply just matriculate in 2016(?) but why would I want to waste time?

Others facts that I can offer: I was offered CS on 9th May. On the same week, I withdrawed from school. I also visited CMPB to inform about the cancellation of my deferment but the lady at the counter told me my deferment was rejected? And she said I have to wait for my medical checkup since I have booked it and I can do nothing except to wait? The lady further mentioned that I can ask the people inside once I'm done with the MC about my enlistment. To be honest, I do not trust the words of her at all.

What should I do? Life at stake here guys. I really hope someone can help me. Thanks!

September batch is usually the poly batch. Follow the poly kids. Basically, I have some poly friends who are enrolling this year and ORDing in late aug/earlysep as well. What they do is either:
A)Disrupt
B)Save up on all their leaves/offs and use them all in one shot in August.

HOWEVER, both options are ENTIRELY up to your commander/superior in your unit. My superior, tbh, is pretty stupid when it comes to paper work. So he doesnt know the exact paperwork that needs to be filled up in order to complete my friends disruption. Trust me, when youre in NS, you will realise that the paperwork is both confusing and in large amounts. Hence, he allows my friends to save up their leaves and earn off days by working on public holidays/weekends in order to use them up when they enter school. He is nice to do it this way because my friends get to officially ORD and dont have to come back again like if they were to disrupt.

Technically, you WILL be allowed to disrupt, what matters is if your superior will get it done and is willing to do it for you. Please remember to inform him/her around 6 months before you intend to disrupt. No, make that 8 months just in case. Paperwork in SAF moves at a snail's pace. And I believe you have to give HR around 2-3 months to process it on their side as well. So 8 months give you loads of time.

So to answer your question, YES you will (technically) get to disrupt your service. However, your superior's competence and HR still have the final say. BUT, if you miss this AUG/SEP intake, means you will only enlist in DEC or later, which means you will most likely not get to disrupt. This one cannot help.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,271
Reaction score
5,861
Hi guys, I have a few questions or so that I'm kind of troubled with and I do not know the correct actions to take for now so I'm seeking help here. Hope you guys can help me!

So I'm just gonna start from the beginning of everything. I failed my GP for A's and hence went back to school to 'retake' A's just in case I do not get offered a uni course. However, I was later informed again to schedule a medical checkup with CMPB as the validity was only 1 year. I booked it on the coming 19th this June.

I know there is a intake for NAPFA failures if I'm not wrong next week, and coincidentally I too also failed my NAPFA. Just sadly that my medical checkup falls after that which seems to cause problems. Ok. Right now I'm worried about the fact that I'm offered CS in NTU and will be matriculating in 2015. BUT. If I miss this June intake, I believe the next enlistment possible for me is Sept as Aug is probably for commando level ranking right?

If I enlist at Sept and counting 2 years, I will miss my uni like this. Of course I can simply just matriculate in 2016(?) but why would I want to waste time?

Others facts that I can offer: I was offered CS on 9th May. On the same week, I withdrawed from school. I also visited CMPB to inform about the cancellation of my deferment but the lady at the counter told me my deferment was rejected? And she said I have to wait for my medical checkup since I have booked it and I can do nothing except to wait? The lady further mentioned that I can ask the people inside once I'm done with the MC about my enlistment. To be honest, I do not trust the words of her at all.

What should I do? Life at stake here guys. I really hope someone can help me. Thanks!
What do you mean "commando level ranking"????

You can disrupt, period.
 

gbhero

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
What do you mean "commando level ranking"????

You can disrupt, period.

If I'm not wrong, it should be. My friend passed the interview for commando and enlisted in Feb, while NAPFA failures like me were scheduled in Mar and pass in May; which coincidentally a similar manner for Aug,Sept and Nov, so I suspect it's true.

Anyway thanks. I didn't know I can do that earlier.

September batch is usually the poly batch. Follow the poly kids. Basically, I have some poly friends who are enrolling this year and ORDing in late aug/earlysep as well. What they do is either:
A)Disrupt
B)Save up on all their leaves/offs and use them all in one shot in August.

HOWEVER, both options are ENTIRELY up to your commander/superior in your unit. My superior, tbh, is pretty stupid when it comes to paper work. So he doesnt know the exact paperwork that needs to be filled up in order to complete my friends disruption. Trust me, when youre in NS, you will realise that the paperwork is both confusing and in large amounts. Hence, he allows my friends to save up their leaves and earn off days by working on public holidays/weekends in order to use them up when they enter school. He is nice to do it this way because my friends get to officially ORD and dont have to come back again like if they were to disrupt.

Technically, you WILL be allowed to disrupt, what matters is if your superior will get it done and is willing to do it for you. Please remember to inform him/her around 6 months before you intend to disrupt. No, make that 8 months just in case. Paperwork in SAF moves at a snail's pace. And I believe you have to give HR around 2-3 months to process it on their side as well. So 8 months give you loads of time.

So to answer your question, YES you will (technically) get to disrupt your service. However, your superior's competence and HR still have the final say. BUT, if you miss this AUG/SEP intake, means you will only enlist in DEC or later, which means you will most likely not get to disrupt. This one cannot help.

Nice informative post! If possible I would probably save up all my leaves to sum up for my remaining days or at least lessen it to a rather meagre amount so that I won't have to go back during holidays.

Just praying that my superior will be 'smart' and 'efficient' then huh? Haha. And of course I hope I won't get the Dec batch.

Regardless, thanks! Now I know what to do. Saving up your post on my phone for future reference!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,271
Reaction score
5,861
If I'm not wrong, it should be. My friend passed the interview for commando and enlisted in Feb, while NAPFA failures like me were scheduled in Mar and pass in May; which coincidentally a similar manner for Aug,Sept and Nov, so I suspect it's true.

Anyway thanks. I didn't know I can do that earlier.



Nice informative post! If possible I would probably save up all my leaves to sum up for my remaining days or at least lessen it to a rather meagre amount so that I won't have to go back during holidays.

Just praying that my superior will be 'smart' and 'efficient' then huh? Haha. And of course I hope I won't get the Dec batch.

Regardless, thanks! Now I know what to do. Saving up your post on my phone for future reference!
commandos are commandos, tekong are tekong, they are separate.

Anyway I wouldn't bang on that method,
 

kelthalas

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
14,119
Reaction score
0
Erm, I would advice you to actually ask your superiors reading the disruption thing. From what I understand, you are not allowed to save leave to attend school. Or what was suggested. Some schools do not allow that to happen. Meaning, when you tell them your ord date, it's either you ord or you disrupt. If not, they won't let you start school.

In conclusion, check with your admin on whATS the disruption policy. There is a. When you enlist, how many months before you can disrupt chart. If not, you will just have to wait.

For my case, I'm ord-ing this dec but school will only start next year June. So officially, I lost out alot of time.
 

kelthalas

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
14,119
Reaction score
0
Sept intake can disrupt in June/July I believe. That's what my friend is doing. Dec intake, definitely can't disrupt in normal situations.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,271
Reaction score
5,861
Erm, I would advice you to actually ask your superiors reading the disruption thing. From what I understand, you are not allowed to save leave to attend school. Or what was suggested. Some schools do not allow that to happen. Meaning, when you tell them your ord date, it's either you ord or you disrupt. If not, they won't let you start school.

In conclusion, check with your admin on whATS the disruption policy. There is a. When you enlist, how many months before you can disrupt chart. If not, you will just have to wait.

For my case, I'm ord-ing this dec but school will only start next year June. So officially, I lost out alot of time.

R u from jc?????
 

kelthalas

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
14,119
Reaction score
0
Yes but I have friends that are in poly and disrupted when they are the sept batch. Accordingly to policy, December batch cannot disrupt. …
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,271
Reaction score
5,861
Yes but I have friends that are in poly and disrupted when they are the sept batch. Accordingly to policy, December batch cannot disrupt. …
???

There must be a minimum months of service before can disrupt.

And if you are from JC cohort and enlist in dec, I don't see why you should get to disrupt for entry into university around July aug or sept period because u would have gained an unfair advantage over ur peers
 

gbhero

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
Erm, I would advice you to actually ask your superiors reading the disruption thing. From what I understand, you are not allowed to save leave to attend school. Or what was suggested. Some schools do not allow that to happen. Meaning, when you tell them your ord date, it's either you ord or you disrupt. If not, they won't let you start school.

In conclusion, check with your admin on whATS the disruption policy. There is a. When you enlist, how many months before you can disrupt chart. If not, you will just have to wait.

For my case, I'm ord-ing this dec but school will only start next year June. So officially, I lost out alot of time.

Oh ok! I heard they say only some superiors may give leeway to use the leaves to minus away. If cant then no choice I guess.

Btw, may I know why you enlist so late? And when did you go for med checkup if you did on the year of your enlistment?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top