Error on Cathay Pacific booking page

ping255

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Hi, has anyone managed to successfully book your tickets through Cathay Pacific's website recently?

I got an error page after I keyed in my card details and clicked "Purchase". This happened on the 2 times I tried, and haven't manage to book yet.

Not sure if they will deduct from my card on the 2 failed attempts, although I did not receive any SMS verifications.

Can anyone help? Thanks lots!
 

imm0rtal

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
13
Hi, has anyone managed to successfully book your tickets through Cathay Pacific's website recently?

I got an error page after I keyed in my card details and clicked "Purchase". This happened on the 2 times I tried, and haven't manage to book yet.

Not sure if they will deduct from my card on the 2 failed attempts, although I did not receive any SMS verifications.

Can anyone help? Thanks lots!
the best way to do now is to check your account balance, the balances - both the ledger balance and available balance. available balance refers to the amount that u can withdraw, and ledger balance refers to the balance u have after authorizing transactions that have not been paid which mostly are mastercard/visa transactions. :)
 

ping255

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
the best way to do now is to check your account balance, the balances - both the ledger balance and available balance. available balance refers to the amount that u can withdraw, and ledger balance refers to the balance u have after authorizing transactions that have not been paid which mostly are mastercard/visa transactions. :)

It won't be reflected so fast right? Guess I have to check tomorrow then. Thanks!
 

imm0rtal

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
13
It won't be reflected so fast right? Guess I have to check tomorrow then. Thanks!
it will reflect as soon as the transaction is authorized by you. most of the time it should be by sms, sending you a validation code to authorize it. dont worry, since u have not received any sms, i'm very certain that the transactions are not authorized. :)
 

ping255

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
it will reflect as soon as the transaction is authorized by you. most of the time it should be by sms, sending you a validation code to authorize it. dont worry, since u have not received any sms, i'm very certain that the transactions are not authorized. :)
That's good to know, thanks so much! :)

Just wondering if there are any issues on their site. I was booking using Firefox on Mac. After encountering this error, I changed to IE9 on Win and couldn't even check the available flight schedules. :/
 

imm0rtal

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
13
That's good to know, thanks so much! :)

Just wondering if there are any issues on their site. I was booking using Firefox on Mac. After encountering this error, I changed to IE9 on Win and couldn't even check the available flight schedules. :/
i think some airlines online portals do not have very good technical support team yet. jetstar also has problem with their online system and i told them about it. the pinoy at the call centre told me it could be my problem - tried every browser on two coms alr. in the end we booked via telephone. gotta provide them with your credit card info.
 

sars8888

Master Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
4,854
Reaction score
2
i think some airlines online portals do not have very good technical support team yet. jetstar also has problem with their online system and i told them about it. the pinoy at the call centre told me it could be my problem - tried every browser on two coms alr. in the end we booked via telephone. gotta provide them with your credit card info.

It can be your internet connection also, firewall blocking?
 

ping255

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Cathay just revamped their website this Monday, probably that explains why.

Anyway, I booked the tickets through zuji instead, saved a few bucks.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top