Hello,
I install my new Gigabyte R7-240 vga card and i am getting the below error intermittently.
"Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered Error".
I have already tried several driver version, but did not resolve the above error.
Understand from googling this error occurs when Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) feature detects that the graphics card (GPU) does not respond within a period of time
One observation,
The card GPU/Mem Clock read back is at 300/300MHz, even when i am playing multiple 720p video on my vlc player. (according to both GPU-Z & CCC)
Only certain task like running Win Experience Index or FurMark than the GPU/Mem max out 760/760MHz (my CCC setting).
Is this normal ?
I am thinking to update the VGA card bios first,
Anyone used the Gigabyte Vga Utility successfully before ?
The only time i use such utility (other than dos-based), the utility brick my card.
If not safe, than i will try increase the tdr timing in RegEdit.
Thanks
I install my new Gigabyte R7-240 vga card and i am getting the below error intermittently.
"Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered Error".
I have already tried several driver version, but did not resolve the above error.
Understand from googling this error occurs when Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) feature detects that the graphics card (GPU) does not respond within a period of time
One observation,
The card GPU/Mem Clock read back is at 300/300MHz, even when i am playing multiple 720p video on my vlc player. (according to both GPU-Z & CCC)
Only certain task like running Win Experience Index or FurMark than the GPU/Mem max out 760/760MHz (my CCC setting).
Is this normal ?
I am thinking to update the VGA card bios first,
Anyone used the Gigabyte Vga Utility successfully before ?
The only time i use such utility (other than dos-based), the utility brick my card.
If not safe, than i will try increase the tdr timing in RegEdit.
Thanks
Last edited:
