Everything about the iPhone X

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
5,623
Reaction score
7
I ordered 2 from app both to be delivered on 3rd Nov. I suspect you did not keep killing and reopening app.
 

Cypher02

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 18, 2002
Messages
13,158
Reaction score
3
from the other thread i read. (one of the sticky threads)

by 3:11PM, shipment slipped to 2-3 weeks.
while some managed to get their orders through after 3:01PM (not sure if troll or legit), the store appeared to be down for most until about 3:13PM (for me)

actually using Store app also quite difficult. coz the app said store is down. but does the store polling continuously in the background? which is quicker? close and relaunch the app or refresh site?

I was using the web, ipad and iphone concurrently to refresh the order page at 3.01pm. The webstore and the iphone app store did not managed to get through and the ipad app store loaded at slightly before 3.02pm and i completed the transaction in less than 15 seconds and got the email confirmation from Apple at 3.03pm.
 

rza29

Master Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2000
Messages
3,158
Reaction score
13
I was closing apple store app on my iphone 7+ repeatedly instead of waiting for refresh while concurrently refreshing on chrome browser on my laptop. Both on diff networks. I didnt take note i managed to order my iphone by wat time coz i was busy with talking too. By the time the store was up for me on chrome, chop chop curry pok pre-ordered it...

My friend ordered using the app on his iPad got at 3:02 and 3rd Nov. My app didn't work on my 8 Plus until 3:19 but I ordered it using safari at 3:16 and shipping is 11-18 Nov

Sent from MIX 2 using GAGT
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
My friend using app made 2 separate orders for his 2x 256gb and got 3 Nov delivery for both. I used website and only managed to get 3 Nov pickup (11 Nov delivery). App went live few mins earlier compared to website.

Maybe you're doing it wrong :s11::s11:

I am very sure the app only open to some. I was camping and refreshing the app since 2.57pm. Only 3.10+ den it’s up for me. By the time I check out it’s 11 nov delivery Liao.

Trolled by the app big time. Previously use website can still order my iPhones promptly.
 

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2001
Messages
99,484
Reaction score
12,769
no wonder when i tried with the app even at 310pm it says app store still down
 

Eidekos

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
1
I am very sure the app only open to some. I was camping and refreshing the app since 2.57pm. Only 3.10+ den it’s up for me. By the time I check out it’s 11 nov delivery Liao.

Trolled by the app big time. Previously use website can still order my iPhones promptly.

me too.. trolled it before 3 till 3:05 but still down.

managed to ordered ard 3:07 in the site since I saw a few people here successful orders since 3:01.
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Anyone with ship date between 13-20 Nov being brought forward to launch day?
 

Potato_

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
0
does anyone know if when collecting from apple store, they will open up on the spot?
 

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
38,552
Reaction score
2,169
Anyone with ship date between 13-20 Nov being brought forward to launch day?

So far seems like it's only those USA Telco sets got that.

But because when it went live, it was 2-3 weeks immediately for those Tmobile instead of 3rd Nov.
 

johnsonheng

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2002
Messages
52,767
Reaction score
4,728
not sure i heard that those who order online cannot queue to buy iphone x for walk in on the launch date at apple store
 

j.wei1012

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2015
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
i use app to order tho
it’s online abt 3:03pm
able to get one for delivery
another one for pickup collection
but i faced some problem on billing address of apple pay payment when ordered the second set
delay some time but still able to get pickup collection on launch day

My friend using app made 2 separate orders for his 2x 256gb and got 3 Nov delivery for both. I used website and only managed to get 3 Nov pickup (11 Nov delivery). App went live few mins earlier compared to website.

Maybe you're doing it wrong :s11::s11:
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
i use app to order tho
it’s online abt 3:03pm
able to get one for delivery
another one for pickup collection
but i faced some problem on billing address of apple pay payment when ordered the second set
delay some time but still able to get pickup collection on launch day

LOL I was on the app since 301pm and keep force restart till 310pm but still the order page is not loading. Weird.
 

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
7,349
Reaction score
2,743
So when our Apple Store will get a demo set ?

I think they should already get their demo unit in but kept inside their store room, Apple will only allow to display iPhone X on launch day which is 3 Nov, so staffs need to mount up before opening at 8am.

Every year be it Apple store or premium retailers is like these, there is no such thing as early mounting of display set for Apple.

Android OEMs like Samsung does have though, they mount up S8/Note8 1-2 earlier before launch which is a headache for all the staffs and promoters as customers will keep asking questions.




 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top