Expedia Overcharging

rnanse

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2015
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
I booked my airline tickets with Expedia and it stated in the checkout page that the final amount I will pay is ~$1457. However, when I checked my bank statement, Expedia overcharged me by $200.

I've been trying to get some answers out of them but they keep telling me they are checking.

Any ideas why did they overcharge me?
 

youhsueh

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
932
Reaction score
0
I booked my airline tickets with Expedia and it stated in the checkout page that the final amount I will pay is ~$1457. However, when I checked my bank statement, Expedia overcharged me by $200.

I've been trying to get some answers out of them but they keep telling me they are checking.

Any ideas why did they overcharge me?

DCC is one of the fees included when paying at Expedia. But it should not be a whooping 13% difference like what you claim.

What does your Expedia receipt says (over Email when you first book)?
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
I booked my airline tickets with Expedia and it stated in the checkout page that the final amount I will pay is ~$1457. However, when I checked my bank statement, Expedia overcharged me by $200.

I've been trying to get some answers out of them but they keep telling me they are checking.

Any ideas why did they overcharge me?

Call expedia and check with them would be the best solution ...
 

DealuxTravel

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
530
Reaction score
5
I booked my airline tickets with Expedia and it stated in the checkout page that the final amount I will pay is ~$1457. However, when I checked my bank statement, Expedia overcharged me by $200.

I've been trying to get some answers out of them but they keep telling me they are checking.

Any ideas why did they overcharge me?

Thats a whopping 13% ?

What airline did you book and what credit card did you use ?
 

juxtaposition

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
1,372
Reaction score
1
Once I saw Expedia was charging for the air ticket lesser than what the airline was charging. I smelled a fish and I saw their T&C said Sth like they can charge u again if the price of the air ticket changes after you have paid.

Thats a whopping 13% ?

What airline did you book and what credit card did you use ?
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
so far booked airline tickets with expedia , no such issue.
understand that there price might be slightly lower than booking direct
 

rnanse

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2015
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Okay so Expedia got back to my friend and said it was some international transaction fee. (We booked on expedia.com.sg btw)

They said it is waived for Singapore from March onwards. Sounds a whole load of bs to me.
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,248
Reaction score
4,854
I booked my airline tickets with Expedia and it stated in the checkout page that the final amount I will pay is ~$1457. However, when I checked my bank statement, Expedia overcharged me by $200.
How's that possible? If checkout & paid $1457, credit card company shouldn't allow them to bill anything more

What was your payment mode? Which bank?
 

DealuxTravel

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
530
Reaction score
5
Okay so Expedia got back to my friend and said it was some international transaction fee. (We booked on expedia.com.sg btw)

They said it is waived for Singapore from March onwards. Sounds a whole load of bs to me.

If using AMEX , there are certain additional charges that are added but NOT shown on final amount of air ticket, but its usually just max 4%. Cathay and many budget airlines are the culprits.
 

maniamcool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2009
Messages
24,957
Reaction score
9,220
Budget airline credit card transaction fee is it?

Im guessing you're travelling in a group of 4-5? With a transaction fee between 40-50 per pax.

Probably scoot.
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,248
Reaction score
4,854

sgpapabear

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
I have stopped booking through expedia.
Did my Japan hotel booking with them last year, It was free cancellation and I was charged to my cc upon booking.
When I decide to change the hotel before due date, web showed non-cancelable.

I showed them a cut/paste screenshot during my booking that its free cancelation before certain date. But they insist i must prove with full screen image. No reply from them until the actual cut-off date was up. Call them and they simply say date is past, cannot cancel with hotel any more.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top