Expert, please comment on this setup

Jeffrey_81

Reaction score
Hi, i am looking to build another PC as my old sandy is going to uplorry soon.

Going to reuse PSU, SSD and existing GPU as new PSU is launching soon.

Might be doing some light video editting in the future.

I am considering to do minimal OC if the thermal allow.

CPU + MoboR7 7600X + MSI MAG B650 TOMHAWK WIFI
RAMKingston Fury beast black 5200Mhz CL 40 32GB
AIO coolerARTIC LIQUID FREEZER II 360mm A-RGB
CasingLian Li Dynamic O11 Evo black TG casing

Last edited:

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
looks good, make sure u get the amd expo ram kits for compatibility. u probably dont need a 360mm aio for a 7600x though, air cooling is fine.

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
That's what i confuse about, should i get higher frequency ram like 5600Mhz?
amd expo is not about ram speed but more for compatibility. the faster ram u have the better, is just whether if u have enough budget for it (especially given faster ones still cost a bomb), though getting slower ones now and upgrading to faster ones when they get cheaper is also a viable alternative.

Jeffrey_81

Reaction score
amd expo is not about ram speed but more for compatibility. the faster ram u have the better, is just whether if u have enough budget for it (especially given faster ones still cost a bomb), though getting slower ones now and upgrading to faster ones when they get cheaper is also a viable alternative.
i didnt see any slower AMD expo ram on the price list, are u able to recommend some?

Psycovirus

Reaction score
i didnt see any slower AMD expo ram on the price list, are u able to recommend some?
You don't have to get EXPO DDR5. It is good if you can get EXPO for the same price but any DDR5 will be ok. Intel XMP kits will work fine on AMD motherboard/cpu.

Are you planning to get the parts in Sim Lim Square? cuz Amazon.sg has some great sales for DDR5s and CPUs at the moment. (although CPU might take a bit to ship) I bought my 7700x on Black Friday, 25th Nov. Amazon finally preparing to ship today. haha.

Jeffrey_81

Reaction score
You don't have to get EXPO DDR5. It is good if you can get EXPO for the same price but any DDR5 will be ok. Intel XMP kits will work fine on AMD motherboard/cpu.

Are you planning to get the parts in Sim Lim Square? cuz Amazon.sg has some great sales for DDR5s and CPUs at the moment. (although CPU might take a bit to ship) I bought my 7700x on Black Friday, 25th Nov. Amazon finally preparing to ship today. haha.
I dont mind getting CPU from Amazon but not sure about other parts due to warranty issue.

Psycovirus

Reaction score
I dont mind getting CPU from Amazon but not sure about other parts due to warranty issue.
Ya, if you don't wanna deal with any warranty issues, get local.
Those from Amazon do not have local warranty at all.
However, Amazon.sg has been great with offering assistant and refunds. Once I bought a GPU during sales. Used it for 18 months already. The fans died.
Contacted Amazon, they allow me to return the card and offered me 75% refund. I gladly accepted. Then bought another GPU with the refund which gave me 0 issues for past 2 years.

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
well the 5200c40 kit u are looking at is the slowest and cheapest, i was pointing to get the expo kits as kingston makes 2 kits under the same name: 1 with expo and 1 with xmp.
yes ts doesnt have to get expo ram; in fact if they are ok with getting from amazon i would say getting the crucial 2x 8gb 4800mhz ddr5 for $95 is good enough for now. from what i saw the expo kits do cost slightly less than the ones with xmp, so in certain scenarios ryzen 7k may make sense for some buyers. i have come across reports that trying to run xmp on am5 causes a lot of stability issues, particularly the faster ones above 6000mhz.

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am looking to build another PC as my old sandy is going to uplorry soon.

Going to reuse PSU, SSD and existing GPU as new PSU is launching soon.

Might be doing some light video editting in the future.

I am considering to do minimal OC if the thermal allow.

CPU + MoboR7 7600X + MSI MAG B650 TOMHAWK WIFI
RAMKingston Fury beast black 5200Mhz CL 40 32GB
AIO coolerARTIC LIQUID FREEZER II 360mm A-RGB
CasingLian Li Dynamic O11 Evo black TG casing
your case will be super empty and will not look nice if you do not populate it properly. I would say, ditch this case and go for a real air flow case where you dont need to install so many fans.. and why not wait for the 7000 x3d to be out next year January 5th to 8th?

Jeffrey_81

Reaction score
your case will be super empty and will not look nice if you do not populate it properly. I would say, ditch this case and go for a real air flow case where you dont need to install so many fans.. and why not wait for the 7000 x3d to be out next year January 5th to 8th?
Actually i am weighting between buying now or later mainly because of the GST hike next year.

Matrix23x

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually i am weighting between buying now or later mainly because of the GST hike next year.
$1000 spent gst will be $80 compare to now is $10 difference so the more u spent the more gst, if spending 3000 so its about $30 more than now not wrong buying now if have stock and budget...

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gst hike has a multiplier effect. It's not just 1% per se. It affects everything from logistics to holding cost to the product itself. You should take that into account. It will possibly be 3% or more easy depending on what the items are.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.