(First looks) Asus Maxmius VI Formula

terence52

Banned
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
11,631
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,
I am back for another review.. Well.. Sort of at least.
Due to the lack of time (Skills on overclocking really..)
Will be glancing on the features of the board instead.
 

terence52

Banned
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
11,631
Reaction score
0
Box Pictures!
Huehuehuehue..
Front:


Back:


Features of the board:




Information for the board:


Back I/O Position:
 
Last edited:

terence52

Banned
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
11,631
Reaction score
0
Internal box shots:
More features:


The board in question! :D


A peek with the accessories pack first:



The MVIF in full glory!
 
Last edited:

terence52

Banned
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
11,631
Reaction score
0
Board itself (1)
Think I will start with the SATA ports first :p.

Fairly obviously there is 10 in total:
The top 6 are controlled by the Intel Z87 PCH. (Sata 1-6)
The bottom 4 are by 2 Asmedia chips (Sata G1-G4), Will ID and update the model.

Motherboard slots:

I think there isn't a need for me to point out which is which. Haha.
A unusual thing I noted is the opened ended PCIE 1X which can be used with longer cards without physically mauling the slots (The amour has to go thou, or you have to cut it)

Back I/O:

Need not say much here either.
The two buttons from top to bottom: CMOS Reset, ROG connect.
The 2 USB 3.0 Ports at the bottom of the LAN port are linked to the Intel Z87 PCH which the 4 USB are controlled by a Asmedia ASM1074.

USB3 header at it's usual position:

I would honestly prefer it to be at the bottom considering how long most USB3.0 internal cables are but so long it's not in a inaccessible position it's still pretty okay there.
 
Last edited:

iAmBored

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Messages
755
Reaction score
0
those are G1/4 threads right???
Please do a few shots of how it looks with some fittings =)
 

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
7,580
Reaction score
8
Nothing wrong with this review.

I guess he was ban due to recommendation system setup shop.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top