First Name, Last Name in Wrong Sequence

babyaveo

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Hi, would like to check if anyone had come across this issue with airlines?

I'm flying off tomorrow and while doing online check in, i realised the first & last name was entered in wrong sequence. I called up SQ and was told i have to pay US50 for rectification.
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
Hi, would like to check if anyone had come across this issue with airlines?

I'm flying off tomorrow and while doing online check in, i realised the first & last name was entered in wrong sequence. I called up SQ and was told i have to pay US50 for rectification.

I suggest you pay it. No sense saving US$50 and getting into trouble at the airport and possibly denied boarding. You can try asking for a discount, but i would certainly get this addressed.
 

kangaroos_kang

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
678
Reaction score
3
doesnt matter at all....
Our singapore passport dont have surname or given name column.
Dont worry too much....just check in as per normal.

Especially Malay passport holder......
Example : Rashida Ada Abdul Raman
Surname is Abdul Raman

Eticket can be printed as :
Rashida / Ada Abdul Raman
Abdul Raman / Rashida Ada
Raman / Rashida Ada Abdul

There is no right or wrong.

ONLY thing u need to worry is whether the miles can be credited into your account automatically.

So many e-tickets that I came across all had their names upside down.
Surname became Given Name
Given Name became Surname
 
Last edited:

babyaveo

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Thanks all for the advice. I simply can't understand why the customer service guys keep emphasizing on charging the fee.
Quick update... I received a call from the relevant department and they did an amendment for me with no extra charge. Except for two of my friends which they could not amend due to system constraint, nevertheless they could get it amend at the counter during check-in. Phew... At least all these have been resolved. :)
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,635
Reaction score
3,487
Thanks all for the advice. I simply can't understand why the customer service guys keep emphasizing on charging the fee.
Quick update... I received a call from the relevant department and they did an amendment for me with no extra charge. Except for two of my friends which they could not amend due to system constraint, nevertheless they could get it amend at the counter during check-in. Phew... At least all these have been resolved. :)

First of all, the reservation staff isn't authorised to make any changes to the booking. They will have to queue the reservation to another department for changes to be made. Which is why it is always emphasised to ensure all particulars are correct. There's where the extra work is. The fee is implemented to prevent unnecessary work.

Secondly, it's never a big deal having the name sequence mixed up, as long as all names on the passport is on the ticket. Check in staff can do an over ride on the name on the boarding pass if it's a minor error, not something like tan ah kow become chan chee long.
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,732
Reaction score
133
Hi, would like to check if anyone had come across this issue with airlines?

I'm flying off tomorrow and while doing online check in, i realised the first & last name was entered in wrong sequence. I called up SQ and was told i have to pay US50 for rectification.

Don't need to change. It is fine. SQ is all out for money.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top