Five Star Tours Close Down

kangaroos_kang

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
678
Reaction score
3
O Bak Kack (Black eye).

Somemore, CNY round the corner.....those who paid full amount for their tours and those going back to Malaysia by coach.

really going crazy
 

haoren

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
26,368
Reaction score
644
O Bak Kack (Black eye).

Somemore, CNY round the corner.....those who paid full amount for their tours and those going back to Malaysia by coach.

really going crazy

Only last June I still take their coach service. So fast up the bus?
 

joeey

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2001
Messages
8,908
Reaction score
134
those bought their tickets for cny dun know how...
 

chia_emily

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
My husband is a Malaysian. But I wanted to go to KL to meet my buddy first so I went alone. I was still wondering why the ticket is so cheap since 27th should be considered a New Year Peak period and I was charge as a normal rate, S$25. I did feel funny but was thinking maybe they start their Chinese New Year surcharge on the 28th.

2e30e8cc788411e391081274b052bbe4_8.jpg


Here my part of the story, there are signs but I failed to notice thinking that 5 star is too big to fall.

1. Last June, my husband want to help his relative buy ticket back to Taiping, they say they no longer do Taiping route le.

2. This Dec I ask, my friend help me buy ticket to KL when I still working as I was working retail daily, the staff suddenly say need passport and the ticket cost S$50. It is never the case so far when I buy KL last few times. I did feel strange but in the end, my friend helped me bought grassland because it was S$30.

3. Since I wanted to go back Singapore before Christmas, worried that there are no return ticket, I asked my buddy to help to buy return ticket, she go 3-4 times le, five star have been closed (I did joke that Five Star going bankrupt then) but later went to their website and thought they shift their office to the new bus terminal. As for me, I bought my return bus journey from Grassland.

I kiasu went to grassland and I was right, 27th is a Chinese New Year peak period at grassland and there was no more bus. Hence, I got myself the last morning ticket to KL.

Some of my husband's friend are affected and maybe spend like near S$500 on coach ticket for their whole family back for Chinese New Year. Given the number of family members, they might not be able to get bus ticket at this time already. This is very upset as most Malaysian value their Chinese New Year back to their hometown.

I guess five star could not pay their employee's bonuses and the driver's salary to ask them to work during Chinese New Year. They already know they are on the verge to bankrupt so they took in the last bit money which is School Holiday, Christmas and Chinese New Year. In my view, I do feel they planned for this. It is just the timing which is so zun.
 

sars8888

Master Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
4,854
Reaction score
2
My husband is a Malaysian. But I wanted to go to KL to meet my buddy first so I went alone. I was still wondering why the ticket is so cheap since 27th should be considered a New Year Peak period and I was charge as a normal rate, S$25. I did feel funny but was thinking maybe they start their Chinese New Year surcharge on the 28th.

Here my part of the story, there are signs but I failed to notice thinking that 5 star is too big to fall.

1. Last June, my husband want to help his relative buy ticket back to Taiping, they say they no longer do Taiping route le.

2. This Dec I ask, my friend help me buy ticket to KL when I still working as I was working retail daily, the staff suddenly say need passport and the ticket cost S$50. It is never the case so far when I buy KL last few times. I did feel strange but in the end, my friend helped me bought grassland because it was S$30.

3. Since I wanted to go back Singapore before Christmas, worried that there are no return ticket, I asked my buddy to help to buy return ticket, she go 3-4 times le, five star have been closed (I did joke that Five Star going bankrupt then) but later went to their website and thought they shift their office to the new bus terminal. As for me, I bought my return bus journey from Grassland.

I kiasu went to grassland and I was right, 27th is a Chinese New Year peak period at grassland and there was no more bus. Hence, I got myself the last morning ticket to KL.

Some of my husband's friend are affected and maybe spend like near S$500 on coach ticket for their whole family back for Chinese New Year. Given the number of family members, they might not be able to get bus ticket at this time already. This is very upset as most Malaysian value their Chinese New Year back to their hometown.

I guess five star could not pay their employee's bonuses and the driver's salary to ask them to work during Chinese New Year. They already know they are on the verge to bankrupt so they took in the last bit money which is School Holiday, Christmas and Chinese New Year. In my view, I do feel they planned for this. It is just the timing which is so zun.

It can be treated as cheating if there is evidence to support, you can try to call CASE and seek for advice. I,m not sure whether can lodge a police report too.
 

strang3r9

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
One of the victim...

I already bought 2 ticket back to penang, 140sgd each =.= sad dao...

I just called CASE, but they tell me to contact Small Claim to ask for refund woo...

Gonna call them later during lunch time...
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,037
Reaction score
1,920
I guess those who bought bus tickets for CNY to visit Malaysia are on their own when it comes to getting alternative arrangements for the trip. Small Claims may arrange the refund (after the banks and other hounds have their go first), but there has been no authority stepping out to arrange replacement capacity for the buses.
 
Last edited:

tk

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,548
Reaction score
358
yup.. authorities may be able to help on getting refunds.. but it is up to the individuals to find their own replacement travel arrangements.. sure got some will be stranded due to cny peak period..
 

strang3r9

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Newspaper

Well, I guess most of the people already got into the act...

One of my colleague did show me a report on newspaper, stated that

"Dynasty Travel has offered to work with Natas and insurance firms to help affected customers, especially those who had planned to travel during the Chinese New Year period." THE STRAITS TIMES (B9), JAN 9

Though i'm not sure where's it heading... Do you think I should wait it out for a few days before purchase the bus ticket from another company? (I doubt there will be much chance of getting the ticket =.=)
 

poonyq

Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
Jetstar still have offer seats to KL when i check just now, ranging form $44 and above. i think affected forumers can still quickly book their flights to KL first then say. A better option for those stranded by the closure of Five Stars.
 

scubaforces

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2011
Messages
11,331
Reaction score
242
from stomp.

this travel company run by a 5-star corrupt general.

who is the owner of this company? Please CSI.
 

darr

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2000
Messages
1,738
Reaction score
87

This look so well-prepared....

And look at last sentence....they so confident ask you go SCT/CASE for claims, cos they know nothing wil happen....

And see the letterhead...NATAS, IATA....and you wonder how much governing they really do, other than organising 'fairs'
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top