Frustrated with connectivity on M1

dipalbhagde

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Hi folks,

I've been a M1 customer for over 10 years now but of late I've been facing severe connectivity issues in my primary work area (Changi).

The phone shows full connectivity and LTE/4G but there is zero data transfer.
Even Google website fails to load and on my phone, Safari shows me there's no connection to the server.

It's only when I go outdoors that there's connectivity but even then there is TONS of dropped calls and data loss.

I don't face this issue in other areas and I have highlighted to M1 about this issue on Facebook as well as on Twitter.
Their standard reply is "we will inspect the site and come back to you".

It has been close to 4 months now that issues have been persisting.

My question to you guys is:

How do I get them to listen and actually work on it or is that just too much expectations?
Does this qualify as breach of service because of which I can claim to break the contract because I am honestly considering doing that.

My work is getting affected and if I can't even take calls properly it is majorly frustrating.

Looking forward to some thoughts/opinions on this.

Have a good day folks!

D
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,258
Reaction score
3,789
i have such issue with M1 as well, no connection in malls especially cornered areas like toilet, or super slow loading speed on and off, that happens ANYWHERE.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,587
Reaction score
1,689
Have you always worked in this area ? Is the issue a recent occurence ?

If you ask me, if there is no contract, I would rather switch providers than hassle over this.

Not sure if it's the right party but IMDA/CASE should be next point of contact if telco cannot resolve contractual issues.
 

cruizer_ph

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
2,170
Reaction score
27
I experienced this when I was with M1, but along the Northeast line, especially the part from Woodleigh to Boon Keng. Signal indicator looks OK but virtually no data trickling in.
 

steven168z

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
3,399
Reaction score
171
I experienced this when I was with M1, but along the Northeast line, especially the part from Woodleigh to Boon Keng. Signal indicator looks OK but virtually no data trickling in.

i have no issue using m1 from sengkang to HarbourFront... on the online game during morning peak hrs journey and go home journey
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
Same issue for me.


Company moved office and the new location m1 has damn poor network.

Write in to m1 and after a few days they called me (refuse to give black and white email reply) (1 bar or zero. Drain phone battery badly and sometimes website can’t load and missed call)

Telling me that update from
Network side that this is a known issue and building owner refused to let them
Install network in the building ( ok I understand that) . But Asking me speak to building owner on this is crazy. I am not from PMO office or IMDA. what power do I have to speak to building owner.

I did try to locate the management office in my building always empty and security guard also not sure what their working hours. So give up.

Their network CMI and they can’t resolved throw back to me. So I sent to SingTel and port to SingTel. Issue fixed in 2 days.

Asked me to speak to building owner to save the whole building m1 coverage. Siao.
 
Last edited:

squarepipe

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2018
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
1
M1 and the other telcos need to provide an option for the user to request a femotcell for those buildings
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femtocell

Same issue for me.


Company moved office and the new location m1 has damn poor network.

Write in to m1 and after a few days they called me (refuse to give black and white email reply) (1 bar or zero. Drain phone battery badly and sometimes website can’t load and missed call)

Telling me that update from
Network side that this is a known issue and building owner refused to let them
Install network in the building ( ok I understand that) . But Asking me speak to building owner on this is crazy. I am not from PMO office or IMDA. what power do I have to speak to building owner.

I did try to locate the management office in my building always empty and security guard also not sure what their working hours. So give up.

Their network CMI and they can’t resolved throw back to me. So I sent to SingTel and port to SingTel. Issue fixed in 2 days.

Asked me to speak to building owner to save the whole building m1 coverage. Siao.
 

yotoden

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2017
Messages
1,130
Reaction score
100
When I was with M1, it happened to me at ION Orchard, especially near Imperial Treasure, NEX, Changi Airport also and WWP. Now with Singtel has no such problem , despite Singtel is a bit pricy and no eSIM.
 

dryteletubby

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2017
Messages
2,302
Reaction score
1
Not sure why you keep advising people to hold multiple SIM.

A lot of people just prefer to hold 1 SIM and that's it.

If the incumbent M1 already having coverage problem, I doubt TPG which is new can provide a better coverage.
M1 seems to have problems with overcapacity resulting in no mobile data access. Having tpg as 2nd SIM saved the day multiple times for me.

All of my friends whom I introduced tpg to decided to keep both their current SIM and tpg in their phone together.

Apart from the Google pixel lineup, virtually all phones can run in dual SIM standby where the main SIM is used for calls/SMS and the other is used for data at the same time.
 

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,716
Reaction score
2,032
True.. M1 is getting worse and worse each day.
Last Friday went to some clubhouse and noticed that my M1 line got no coverage at all, sometime will show no signal.

While my Singtel line have full coverage.
Going to jump ship after next year my contract ends
 

Asus80

Master Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
2,636
Reaction score
273
i have 4 M1 line used from 1997 till may 2019 port all my line to singtel. 1 main line & 3 mobile share line
 

dipalbhagde

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
i have such issue with M1 as well, no connection in malls especially cornered areas like toilet, or super slow loading speed on and off, that happens ANYWHERE.


This is true as well. Although I can say in malls and in dead corners it might be acceptable because of the Network load. But not in an open area.
 

dipalbhagde

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Same issue for me.


Company moved office and the new location m1 has damn poor network.

Write in to m1 and after a few days they called me (refuse to give black and white email reply) (1 bar or zero. Drain phone battery badly and sometimes website can’t load and missed call)

Telling me that update from
Network side that this is a known issue and building owner refused to let them
Install network in the building ( ok I understand that) . But Asking me speak to building owner on this is crazy. I am not from PMO office or IMDA. what power do I have to speak to building owner.

I did try to locate the management office in my building always empty and security guard also not sure what their working hours. So give up.

Their network CMI and they can’t resolved throw back to me. So I sent to SingTel and port to SingTel. Issue fixed in 2 days.

Asked me to speak to building owner to save the whole building m1 coverage. Siao.

That's ridiculous!

Were you on a contract while you switched ?
 

dipalbhagde

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
I experienced this when I was with M1, but along the Northeast line, especially the part from Woodleigh to Boon Keng. Signal indicator looks OK but virtually no data trickling in.

I REALLY wonder how they get away with this.
It could be because they're using Singtel's sites and network but in an exact same location/spot, Singtel works flawlessly.
 

dipalbhagde

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Not sure why you keep advising people to hold multiple SIM.

A lot of people just prefer to hold 1 SIM and that's it.

If the incumbent M1 already having coverage problem, I doubt TPG which is new can provide a better coverage.

True this. Thanks
 

dipalbhagde

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
i have 4 M1 line used from 1997 till may 2019 port all my line to singtel. 1 main line & 3 mobile share line

Congrats, but is Singtel really that better?
How are your experiences with dead spots and coverage indication (meaning: Data flows when it shows you a valid 4G signal)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top