cloverpark
Master Member
- Joined
- Nov 5, 2013
- Messages
- 2,721
- Reaction score
- 1
I've been using Fujitsu SH560 (made in japan) for 4 years, the S$2.3k laptop works fairly ok except for a since day one strange system freeze problem which happens randomly if some usb device (including mouse) is not attached properly when used. I solved this by using a USB hub and attach all my devices to that hub. I sent it for servicing once for this reason, they replaced some speaker but didn't solve the issue.
Nonetheless, it didn't die - I replaced the WD HDD a year ago when some bad sectors appeared.
As my laptop is getting slow, I'm now researching for a replacement/backup laptop and also I want to use USB3 for faster backup - right now, Windows system backup takes like nearly 2 days.
4 years is a long time ago, and I don't know if Fujitsu's made in Japan quality has deteriorated. Has anyone used the new S or E series Fujitsu laptop?
I'm also looking at ASUS, especially the new commercial notebook. My only gripe is that ASUS is all Made in China and quality varies from model to model.
HDD is also very important, I will avoid Seagate and other less reliable HDD.
Nonetheless, it didn't die - I replaced the WD HDD a year ago when some bad sectors appeared.
As my laptop is getting slow, I'm now researching for a replacement/backup laptop and also I want to use USB3 for faster backup - right now, Windows system backup takes like nearly 2 days.
4 years is a long time ago, and I don't know if Fujitsu's made in Japan quality has deteriorated. Has anyone used the new S or E series Fujitsu laptop?
I'm also looking at ASUS, especially the new commercial notebook. My only gripe is that ASUS is all Made in China and quality varies from model to model.
HDD is also very important, I will avoid Seagate and other less reliable HDD.
Last edited: