aucheukyan
Master Member
- Joined
- Jun 27, 2009
- Messages
- 4,643
- Reaction score
- 325
I am looking to upgrade from my G73SW to another Entertainment system. My commitments makes me fly around the world, stopping by at a site for around 3-6 months and then move on to another site. A desktop is not an option for me while i still want to play games, especially newer games like watch dogs or star citizen,
I am looking around the price range of SGD 2k +- 500
I am eyeing on the G750JS at 2.2k at challenger with specs:
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX870M 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
1TB 7200
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1
The Aftershock PC promoted here looks promising and might want to try out its XG17-V2 with these custom specs just under SGD2k:
Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ
NVIDIA GEFORCE 860M GTX 2GB GDDR5
120GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD
1TB 5400
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1
(Might get a better CPU)
The Non-lit keyboard of the AS compared to the G750 Lit is abit lacking , but it is not such a bother. I have a Intel 330 120GB which i can bring forward from my G73sw to the new PC and use it as a secondary installation drive(XG17) or as a primary drive(G750).
I have gone out of the loop of the PC Sector as i do not have time to catch up(the last i was in the loop was when 9800 GTX was the best thing in the market
)
Is there any other recommendations? Anyone with AS XG17-V2 can share their experiences?
I am looking around the price range of SGD 2k +- 500
I am eyeing on the G750JS at 2.2k at challenger with specs:
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX870M 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
1TB 7200
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1
The Aftershock PC promoted here looks promising and might want to try out its XG17-V2 with these custom specs just under SGD2k:
Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ
NVIDIA GEFORCE 860M GTX 2GB GDDR5
120GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD
1TB 5400
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1
(Might get a better CPU)
The Non-lit keyboard of the AS compared to the G750 Lit is abit lacking , but it is not such a bother. I have a Intel 330 120GB which i can bring forward from my G73sw to the new PC and use it as a secondary installation drive(XG17) or as a primary drive(G750).
I have gone out of the loop of the PC Sector as i do not have time to catch up(the last i was in the loop was when 9800 GTX was the best thing in the market
Is there any other recommendations? Anyone with AS XG17-V2 can share their experiences?

